Voom receiver password

DK_Sat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
MD
I have a Voom receiver that i purchase to use for OTA channels and i can not get to the main menu i do not know the password is there a master password available

Thanks
DK

Try obvious passwords like 0000 and 1234. Otherwise, you'll have to try some creative guessing. One guy actually went through all the combinations and finally figures out the password.

to get to the main menu just hit the voom button on the remote. then you need to hit the green button twice. this will take you to system settings. from there go to the installer menu then pick #1 the installation wizard. from there go to #4 which is scan local channels and see what happens. if you hit the back button it will go back to the previous step.

My password is 0000 on 1st voom ird.
My 2nd voom ird bypasses asking of a password.

How do I eliminate the asking pw mode?

I'm not sure that you can get rid of the password function. You probably want to check parental controls and see if there is a way to turn off the password.

You'll still need a password in order to disable password protection. Doing a factory reset will reset the password, but you DO NOT want to do this since it will de-authorized the receiver thus making it useless. I'm not sure there is any other recourse other than to start with 0000...perhaps you have a child in need of restriction. Tell them they are off restriction when they unlock the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)