Far Cry 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Anyone had a chance to play this yet? It is looking good on the trailers, previews, and reviews I have been seeing.

I've tried it. It's decent. Worth it if you want an open world shooter with a decent protagonist arc. If you are patient I have a feeling it'll go on sale soon during the Steam Christmas sale, assuming you can get it on PC.

Far Cry 3 - My Take (not a review)

I am half-way through the game (pc version-single player ) as of this writing and I can say that it is an excellent game, that is if you are into FPS in general and far cry in particular. If you were disappointed with FC2 (as the majority of FC fans did including myself), this sequel will not disappoint you. There is definitely a vast improvement from FC2 not only in terms of gameplay but also in the cast of characters and plot development and maybe AI. I wouldn't say it's unique nor perfect, it's still your basic shooter, but ubisoft injected some really cool elements into the game to make it enjoyable to play. One of the several noteworthy aspects of the game is the ability to craft. You can hunt the wildlife in this tropical jungle environment and skin them and make something out of the hide, i.e., a wallet, a gun holster, rucksack, etc. The flip side of this is you can also be hunted by these wild animals. I've been killed a few times by komodo dragons and wild dogs roaming around this environment. You can also make your own medicine by picking up certain herbal plants. Needless to say, the graphics will really grab you, it is beautiful as in FC2 maybe better. The caveat is you have to have a decent GPU to really appreciate the graphics.

I have an older AMD six core, radeon 5870, 8 gigs of ram and I can play this game in very high settings with in DX11 and get about 30-35 frames. Not my preferred fps but still very playable.

What I really like about far cry is its "open worldliness" where you are free to roam and not be constrained by a limited "real estate". As in FC2, the real estate in FC3 is huge. I wish that the CODs and MWs of the world has this kind of open world environment.

Thanks for the input guys. Yes I will wait until the price drops a bit, but it is on my list for sure.

Well its not Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops but it is playable. I don't know how far I'm in to it but when I first seen it I was thinking about not playing it. Basically cause I was expecting it to be like those two games. I love the first one but this one leaves a little to be desired. Well that's just my my humble opinion. Enjoy.

Well its not Battlefield 3 or Call of Duty: Black Ops but it is playable. I don't know how far I'm in to it but when I first seen it I was thinking about not playing it. Basically cause I was expecting it to be like those two games. I love the first one but this one leaves a little to be desired. Well that's just my my humble opinion. Enjoy.

What were you expecting it to do compared to those two games?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)