'Far Cry 4' to be released November 18

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That announcement was the final push I needed to get back into Far Cry 3. It seems a little strange that both this and Halo 5 had their announcements a few weeks before E3. It seems like the Halo 5 announcement would have been the centerpiece to Microsoft's press conference.

Hopefully this means that Ubisoft and Microsoft both have lots of big news for us this year.

Not to get TOO political since this isn't The Pit.. but the fact that the cover has already caused controversy is just ludicrous to me..

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=european-daily

The man in purple is clearly the villain in Far Cry 4. You don't really need much context to see that, so I doubt they will be glorifying racism. I haven't finished Far Cry 3 yet but I wouldn't say it's outright racist so far either. I will say that some of the logic is shaky at best, and makes me feel slightly uncomfortable when it's at its worst.

You are the only white person in a village full of stereotypical native islanders. Even though you are just a snotty tourist who knows nothing about the jungle and has never fired a gun before they keep asking you to be their white savior. They tell you to venture out into the jungle and hunt various dangerous animals and take out pirate outposts on your own like Rambo. Again, you know nothing about the jungle and have never fired a gun but they keep asking the mighty white man to be their hero. They are gun-toting native hunters but they need the preppy white boy tourist to rescue them for some reason.

You gain new skills by harnessing the power of their native tatau. This is their word for tribal tattoos that somehow make you more in tune with the jungle and a better killing machine.

The game is outstanding. I really like some of the characters and the world feels great. The transformation you make from rich douchebag to badass killing machine you make while trying to save your brother and friends from ruthless pirates feels good. Some of the logic regarding the native people is shaky at best though.

Edit: Plus you still have, and occasionally use a cell phone yet you never try to contact the US government to let them know a group of US citizens is being held captive, tortured, and killed by pirates. Instead you just take it upon yourself to kill hundreds of pirates while you try to rescue them.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)