Fargo, ND HD Locals

EVAC41

Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Dakota
Hi Guys,

New to the board here... I was just wondering if anyone knows when Fargo, ND will get Locals in HD? I have been just thinking about buying a HDTV OTA antenna. I also heard that it might be at 61.5 So that means I would have to put up another satellite dish on the house. Oh well not that hard to do but my roof is like a very steap hill.

Thanks for your time, Oh i am also redoing my HDTV set that is now mounted to the wall. Once I get done with the project I will put some pictures up here of the finished setup.

Shawn

welcome :wave

the answer to the question would be "soon" ;)

On the Charlie Chat, they said sometime this year
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/138297-charlie-chat-recap-6-9-08-a.html

DishHD Local Markets -- Upcoming Launches
June 19th
*Grand Rapids,MI
*Memphis, TN

Summer/Fall
*Abilene, TX
*Albany,NY
*Beaumont,TX
*Chattanooga, TN
*Des Moines, IA
*Fargo, ND
*Greenville, NC
*Joplin, MO
*Lansing, MI
*Lincoln, NE
*Madison, WI
*Myrtle Beach, SC
*Omaha, NE
*Quincy, IL
*Sherman-Ada, TX/OK
*South Bend, IN
*Syracuse, NY
*Topeka, KS
*Waco, TX
*Witchita Falls, TX
*Wilkes Barre, PA

I wonder if Dish will be carying NBC and CBS? CableOne lost their ability to broadcast those channels in HD because they were part of a package that cost subscribers extra.

Yea I am wondering too!!!! I called one of our satellite outfits here in fargo and they said they would probably be launching in July and that I would not have to put another satellite at 61.5 west. That when they launch they will just show up in your guide. UMMMMM!!! . Anyone know some more info if I need to put up another dish or not???? :confused:

Also I tried a OTA HDTV indoor antenna and they didn't even come in. I tried to move the antenna everywhere in my home and did not even get signal. I also do live in town.

Sorry for rambling on :)

Thanks,
Shawn

Also I tried a OTA HDTV indoor antenna and they didn't even come in. I tried to move the antenna everywhere in my home and did not even get signal. I also do live in town.

Try a regular rabbit ears (no amp, dials, or anthing else to get in the way). I live in Barnesville and am able to get all channels this way (although I did put up an outdoor antenna in my garage attic).

I know at least on person in Fargo that can get all channels with a DB4 (http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB4_HDTV_antenna.html) in his attic. You may want to give that a try. You probably want to stick with something that is multi-directional. The antenna doesn't have to be an "HDTV antenna", it just has to be good at picking up a UHF signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts