Fargo, ND HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EVAC41

Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Dakota
Hi Guys,

New to the board here... I was just wondering if anyone knows when Fargo, ND will get Locals in HD? I have been just thinking about buying a HDTV OTA antenna. I also heard that it might be at 61.5 So that means I would have to put up another satellite dish on the house. Oh well not that hard to do but my roof is like a very steap hill.

Thanks for your time, Oh i am also redoing my HDTV set that is now mounted to the wall. Once I get done with the project I will put some pictures up here of the finished setup.

Shawn

welcome :wave

the answer to the question would be "soon" ;)

On the Charlie Chat, they said sometime this year
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/138297-charlie-chat-recap-6-9-08-a.html

DishHD Local Markets -- Upcoming Launches
June 19th
*Grand Rapids,MI
*Memphis, TN

Summer/Fall
*Abilene, TX
*Albany,NY
*Beaumont,TX
*Chattanooga, TN
*Des Moines, IA
*Fargo, ND
*Greenville, NC
*Joplin, MO
*Lansing, MI
*Lincoln, NE
*Madison, WI
*Myrtle Beach, SC
*Omaha, NE
*Quincy, IL
*Sherman-Ada, TX/OK
*South Bend, IN
*Syracuse, NY
*Topeka, KS
*Waco, TX
*Witchita Falls, TX
*Wilkes Barre, PA

I wonder if Dish will be carying NBC and CBS? CableOne lost their ability to broadcast those channels in HD because they were part of a package that cost subscribers extra.

Yea I am wondering too!!!! I called one of our satellite outfits here in fargo and they said they would probably be launching in July and that I would not have to put another satellite at 61.5 west. That when they launch they will just show up in your guide. UMMMMM!!! . Anyone know some more info if I need to put up another dish or not???? :confused:

Also I tried a OTA HDTV indoor antenna and they didn't even come in. I tried to move the antenna everywhere in my home and did not even get signal. I also do live in town.

Sorry for rambling on :)

Thanks,
Shawn

Also I tried a OTA HDTV indoor antenna and they didn't even come in. I tried to move the antenna everywhere in my home and did not even get signal. I also do live in town.

Try a regular rabbit ears (no amp, dials, or anthing else to get in the way). I live in Barnesville and am able to get all channels this way (although I did put up an outdoor antenna in my garage attic).

I know at least on person in Fargo that can get all channels with a DB4 (http://www.antennasdirect.com/DB4_HDTV_antenna.html) in his attic. You may want to give that a try. You probably want to stick with something that is multi-directional. The antenna doesn't have to be an "HDTV antenna", it just has to be good at picking up a UHF signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)