Father Pulls Wife, Two-Week-Old Baby From Burning Home

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thank God it was a Directv reciever. If that had been an E* reciever, the poor guy would be getting calls from the Audit Team wondering why the thing was not connected to a working phone line.

I guess switching away from Direct TV isn't worth it if you don't want to live in a burned out shack.

Looks like Murdoch found a way to make people think twice about switching -- Direct receivers would seem to have a built-in auto-destruct sequence initiated by a command sent by a secret division of Fox (probably deep underground below the Fox News studios) established to eliminate new Dish subscribers through collateral damage who recently terminated their DirectTV agreement.

WHAT are you all talking about? It was the D* dish that the husband used to save the wife's life! If it wasn't there, he might be a widower now. Read the story again:

First Coast News said:
"The next thing that came to my mind was just to bust out the bedroom window," he said.

Just days ago, the Ratleys switched to Dish Network from DirecTV. The old dish was still laying by the window.

"I don't remember grabbing it, but I guess that's what I used to get the window out with," Ratley said, gesturing toward the bent blinds and shattered glass still hanging in the window frame.

I wonder if he had complained that the installer hadn't taken the old dish away after the install?

I feel sorry for the retailer who switched this customer from Directv, he will be luckey if he ever gets paid for his equipment and installation from DISH Network because you know these people cancelled their account the very next day due to the fire!

Im glad nobody was hurt in the fire, but its unfortunate that the retailer who is trying to make an honest living now has to suffer also!

Father Pulls Wife, Two-Week-Old Baby From Burning Home

That guy needs to get his priorities straight!

1. Pull baby from burning house.
2. Pull Dish receivers from burning house.
3. "Yell" for wife.

:D

I feel sorry for the retailer who switched this customer from Directv, he will be luckey if he ever gets paid for his equipment and installation from DISH Network because you know these people cancelled their account the very next day due to the fire!

Im glad nobody was hurt in the fire, but its unfortunate that the retailer who is trying to make an honest living now has to suffer also!

(from the article) The night of the fire was the first night the baby had been put to bed in his brand new room. Until then, he'd been sleeping in the living room in a crib. The spot where Aden had gone to sleep the night before was right underneath the group of wires that the fire marshal says likely started the whole blaze.

I sure hope it wasn't the installer that created the problem that started the fire!

Why should he retailer get hit? That's f-ed up. If they ordered irect from E*, what would happen? (And, how do you know that isn't th way they ordered their stuff, btw?)

Thank God it was a Directv reciever. If that had been an E* reciever, the poor guy would be getting calls from the Audit Team wondering why the thing was not connected to a working phone line.

There is a difference between a dish and a receiver. See the Dish is the thing that hangs on the outside of a house that collects the signal from the sky. The receiver is the box that sits near you tv that converts the signal so you can watch your tv. They guy used the dish, not the receiver to bust out the window. You can't connect a dish to a phone line because there is no place to connect it. So there would be no reason for Dish Audit team to call him because he didn't have "the thing" connected to phone line. Dish does not require the dish to be connected to anything!

Odds are the install damaged the wires that caused the fire. Damn. When they drill through my walls I cringe.

Wrong. They require it to be connected to the receiver.

Gary, how about reading my post and the other post. The Dish is not required to be connected to the phone line, the receiver is. Did you not understand my whole explanation on the difference between the two??? Let me try it again. Dish=the round thing that sits outside on your house or on a pole and is pointed up in the air to receive the signal from the sky. Receiver= the box that sits near your tv to convert the signal received by the dish so that you can see the picture on your tv.
I figured for as long as you have been around, you would have known the difference! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts