Favorite live band:

Status
Not open for further replies.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I've seen many that I really like....

one stands out as my personal favorite however and that's Fishbone.

They have long been regarded as one of the better live acts out there and for good reason.

I saw them in around 94 or so.... 97... and most recently last November 23rd.

The lineups have changed over the years... at this point Angelo and Norwood are the only two original members left.. but the band continues to blow me away live.

Now only are they my personal favorite live act ever... they are also one of the most criminally underrated bands of all time.

I'm interested in seeing who you guys feel the best live band you've even seen is.

I've been to many concerts over the years and have seen a variety of acts including Tom Petty, The Black Crowes, Metallica, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coldplay, The Killers, Billy Joel, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Tool, Dave Mathews Band, Foo Fighters, NIN and many more. But I must say, the band (if this qualifies) that translated extremely well live was Jimmy Bufffet. The outdoor atmosphere on the lawn, everyone singing together and drinking Margaretta's under the summer night sky was a great time. The live sound of Buffet is the quintessential meaning of summer.

Best live band I've never seen: O.A.R. I've been following their music since they first began when they were touring small venues in college towns. Somehow I miss their concert every year, but have heard from others that they put on the best live shows.

This summer, I'm going to see Radiohead. I've heard they also put on a spectacular live show.

I saw VanHalen with David Lee Roth last November ...

They weren't so great live (and old, and most likely sober)

Dream Theater. Metropolis 2000 World Tour. Come back for an encore and play a kickin' 24 minute version of "A Change of Seasons".

METALLICA! No question.

I loved Metallica live on the Master of Puppets tour, then saw them three times during and Justice for All. After the second show on the justice tour I realized that everything they did was choreographed. Right down to Jason Newstead spitting at the statue after it feel down the same jokes the same interaction between band members. When I saw the same thing at the third show I just couldn't enjoy them as much.

Anyway, my vote goes for Rush followed by Suicidal Tendencies. I saw Suicidal Tendencies when I was 19 hung out with the band before the show and couldn't believe how good a skate punk band could be live.

Cold Play

Actually, I've never been to a live performance of any "popular" band but I saw these guys do a "live" set on either PBS or Rave, I forget which. The piano work in "Clocks" is incredible.

they are gonna be on the Today show Friday.

I saw Metallica during the Summer Sh*t Tour in Las Vegas. At one point in the show, it appeared James Hetfield had been injured by pyrotechnics and was being carried off on a stretcher, only to come rushing back on stage. Re-creating injuries of past shows was not impressive to me. Also, there was no acknowledgment of the audience the whole time. You mean this ISN'T a sound check?

I've seen some country concerts (I like country, too) that were free events hosted by the local radio station. I saw Lonestar, pretty good show. I saw Chad Brock playing with others under the Fremont Street Experience. That was probably the coolest because afterward he hung out with us and we shot the breeze together and he even took pictures with us and held my daughter for several. So I give best concert to him because of the hanging out with the fans afterwards. There was no backstage pass, just he came out along the side and my daughter was shouting "Mom, Dad, that was the guy singing on stage!" He heard that and just had to come check out a young 5 year old fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)