Favorites all messed up..VIP622

damianinpa

Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
This is weird..I noticed Dish finally got Sci-Fi HD and USA HD. I had 1 favorite list prior to these channels showing up. Now, I have 4 favorite lists with USA HD showing up twice and Sci-fi showing up. Also, 3 of the 4 lists have channel 9945 showing up..??? If I clear out the lists, 9945 still shows up. wtf
I called Dish network..they had no idea. They sent to some engineering dept. They offered to replace the VIP 622 if the problem doesn't get resolved.
Anyone else ever hear of this or have this happen??

Damian

They show up as List 1, List 2, List 3 and List 4. The All HD, All Sub are also lists, but, they were there before.
No one else created any lists.
Channel 9945 is listed, but, when you click information, it shows information for USA HD. If I select the channel, I get some NBA HD channel. It is really odd.
Also, I reset the receiver back to factory default..didn't fix it.

List 1, 2, 3, and 4 are all part of the system. You should be able to clear them out in the preferences section and they will not show up anymore when pressing the guide button multiple times.

That is the problem..you can't clear them out. If I choose 'clear list' and hit the guide button again, channel 9945 shows up in the list. When selecting/de-selecting channels for your favorite list, you don't even see a 9945...I have no idea where the guide is getting that from.
Damian

Have you run the Check Switch function and then gone back out of the menu and let it reload your EPG and then look at your Favorites List?

9945 is a real channel but it is not supposed to show, however, it is the channel that is used to download tv shows and content to your DVR that then show up in that entertainment section that you have no control over.

Recheck the switch and see if that fixes it.

About 2 weeks ago, my fav lists magically became populated with all channels! (all four custom lists!) I had to clear them all out and redo them. I also noticed that it added the new HD channels to every list but didn't affect the rest of the channels this time.

Has anyone else ever had their fav's messed up like that?

i have seen 9945 before but that was the day the installer installed my new 622 for the first time. but it was recording a dvr special. once it recorded it the channel disappeared and a dvr recording appeared i deleted it and then saw it now more. i have never had any issues with the fav list and hope i dont.

I tried the check swich thing and it re-downloaded the guide. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue..still have list 1 - 4 with 9945 showing up. How frustrating. Can't believe there is no fix.

I tried the check swich thing and it re-downloaded the guide. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue..still have list 1 - 4 with 9945 showing up. How frustrating. Can't believe there is no fix.

You may have to clear the Non-volatile memory. This will also clear some other things. I think it also clears your OTA channels.

Last night I unpluged the receiver for about 2 minutes. After booting up I checked the lists..4 lists still showing up with channel 9945. Makes no sense. I might have to get it replaced if no other options..I am outta ideas.
Damian

I have the exact same problem on my 622. I haven't figured out a solution either...

Same Issue

I have the same issue and the tech still never heard about it. They said it probably won't go away until they do another program update. The channel is still there as you can record it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)