Favorites Channels Default

alztybrn

Original poster
Jan 2, 2015
Lynchburg, VA
Hi guys...

I just got a 1st gen Hopper with 2 joeys the other day. I set up all my favorite channels in the List 1 section. Saved them, but everytime the TV is turned off and back on, it defaults to the My Channels list and I have to go select the favorite channels again. This was not an issue with my old DVR (722). Is there a way to fix this?

Did you name your new custom list? I vaguely remember when I got mine, I made the selections for 'list 1' and didn't name it and got the results you are getting.

This has been happening with my HWS since the last update. Joey stays on my favorites list and HWS reverts to "My Channels" every day. It did not do this before the last update.

This has been happening with my HWS since the last update. Joey stays on my favorites list and HWS reverts to "My Channels" every day. It did not do this before the last update.
Not happening here since update,

I had a HWS replaced a couple of weeks ago--and set up "My" favorite list and it took about a week before it would save it and bring up my favorite list and not "My Channels" as the default list. Works fine now.

Not happening here since update,
I guess I'm special then. I've had this setup for 6 months. I made a custom favorite channels list the day I got it and it stayed on that list since then. I got the last update on Dec. 12 and its been reverting back to My Channels every time I turn it off since that update. It's not really a big deal to switch back but I know for sure the update caused it.

Same problem here. HWS used to remember the last favorite list, but now reverts to My Channels. Joey doesn't have the same problem.

It would be cool if they put the most popular channels on the same transponder (like they do Primetime Anytime) then put those same channels in a favorites list so you know which ones would record on the same tuner.

long time since i posted, so not sure where to go to find out if this is on any fix list , i too have had this issue recently and its a little annoying - in fact my Original symptoms was it would go to a list i had created for just music - i deleted that list and now it goes to all channels as described above - any input on when would be good - thanks in advance

long time since i posted, so not sure where to go to find out if this is on any fix list , i too have had this issue recently and its a little annoying - in fact my Original symptoms was it would go to a list i had created for just music - i deleted that list and now it goes to all channels as described above - any input on when would be good - thanks in advance
The main forum found a work around. Set it for your list of choice for default... Save. Then pull power cord. Will lock in the list and you'll be all set

In the early days of the Hopper, that behavior of going back to My Channels was a deliberate choice by Dish.
But, there were so many complaints about it, that they eventually relented, and changed it so that the guide stayed on your last-used selection.
It looks like the former behavior may have returned. I just hope it is a bug, and not a deliberate decision. It took forever to get them to change it originally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts