This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

FCC Fines Pair For Operating Unlicensed LPTV Station

Wait till you see it in KTFA-LP in Albuquerque running rouge right now on rf ch. 48 sending in old analog NTSC video format signal!

Makes me wonder sometimes FCC is falling asleep.

Nobody seems to pay attention to this rouge KTFA-LP station in the first place!

Rouge is a form of makeup that, like skiing nude, puts color in your cheeks. A Rogue is someone operating outside the law. Autocorrect is eeeevilllllllle.

As long as they aren't interfering with someone else's licensed bandwidth, I don't suppose it hits FCC RADAR. As with many things gubmint, nothing starts (or ends) without a complaint.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
So, the station managed to run for 20 years without paying licensing fees or going through any of the paperwork. Fine is $144k. Sounds like a deal to me.

So, the station managed to run for 20 years without paying licensing fees or going through any of the paperwork. Fine is $144k. Sounds like a deal to me.
I would have expected something a little more punitive. It comes to about $7,000/year (after the $200? renewal filing fee). Not having to do the paperwork would make that up pretty quickly I'd imagine.

Sounds like they got a deal to me, still made money vs having no channel broadcasting all that time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: comfortably_numb