FCC Fines Pair For Operating Unlicensed LPTV Station

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Wait till you see it in KTFA-LP in Albuquerque running rouge right now on rf ch. 48 sending in old analog NTSC video format signal!:)

Makes me wonder sometimes FCC is falling asleep.:eeek

Nobody seems to pay attention to this rouge KTFA-LP station in the first place!:rolleyes:

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Rouge is a form of makeup that, like skiing nude, puts color in your cheeks. A Rogue is someone operating outside the law. Autocorrect is eeeevilllllllle.

As long as they aren't interfering with someone else's licensed bandwidth, I don't suppose it hits FCC RADAR. As with many things gubmint, nothing starts (or ends) without a complaint.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
So, the station managed to run for 20 years without paying licensing fees or going through any of the paperwork. Fine is $144k. Sounds like a deal to me.

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
So, the station managed to run for 20 years without paying licensing fees or going through any of the paperwork. Fine is $144k. Sounds like a deal to me.
I would have expected something a little more punitive. It comes to about $7,000/year (after the $200? renewal filing fee). Not having to do the paperwork would make that up pretty quickly I'd imagine.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Sounds like they got a deal to me, still made money vs having no channel broadcasting all that time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)