FCS- Fox College Sports

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Directv has a channel that shows games the FSN regionals don't have correct?

Right now the Paradise Jam is in progress. Sure would have been nice for Dish to use an alternate channel for this NCAA basketball tournament. Hey Charlie, Tennessee is playing right now! I'm watching it on a lousy justintv feed. B2 networks want $8 per game!

Sure would have been nice for Dish to use an alternate channel for this NCAA basketball tournament.

Yes, especially since DirecTV and every cable company I know of carry the channel. I was a little bit ticked that the game wasn't on any of the thousand regional FSNs or alternates on this sports pack.

Yes, especially since DirecTV and every cable company I know of carry the channel. I was a little bit ticked that the game wasn't on any of the thousand regional FSNs or alternates on this sports pack.

I suspected this might happen when looking at the schedules in preparation for my 2009-2010 College Basketball on Multi-Sports Pack thread and even asked the question in a spearate thread a few weeks ago. I guess now we know the unfortunate answer. I'll go update this on the Multi-Sports Pack thread so people will know this is occurring in the future.

I suspected this might happen when looking at the schedules in preparation for my 2009-2010 College Basketball on Multi-Sports Pack thread and even asked the question in a spearate thread a few weeks ago. I guess now we know the unfortunate answer. I'll go update this on the Multi-Sports Pack thread so people will know this is occurring in the future.

Yeah. I get way more games with Dish than I did with cable, but it is really testing my patience knowing I have missed my school's basketball game that I could have had on Comcast. I also had ESPNU HD. Tennessee, after this weekend, will have been on ESPNU three of the last four weeks. I could have seen all of those in hd and actually viewed the basketball game with my old service. Still, it will improve and I expect ESPNU HD by next season. If not, then I'll probably eat the ETF. The picture quality on most channels is not much different than cable. Some are better and some are worse. I am getting a better deal, more channels and more games overall with Dish, so I am still convinced that I made the right choice. For now.

P.S. Is it really that hard to add a couple of SD cable sports channels, Dish?

We get the channel below in HD, it is mirrored at 426 for sd

Network: FOX SPORTS NORTHWEST HD
Channel Name: FOXNW
Channel Number: 5426
Category: SPORTS

Directv carries one channel for FCS as an alternate channel to show the programs that are only available on FCS

Dish as of yet does not which I kinda wish they would so folks can get those supposed "FCS" exclusive games

and by the way....not every cable company can get those FCS channels. They are digital only channels and in most cases they show programs that are readily available on the other RSN's

Until this season most of the FCS content was available on at least one FSN affiliate, but this year there were quite a few FCS-exclusive Big 12 and Pac-10 football games. They also have quite a few football and basketball games that are otherwise only shown on a local channel, which is nice for those of us outside that DMA...

yep. This year they started carrying North Dakota fighting Sioux sports on FCS (via the FSSN...Fighting Sioux Sports Network)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)