Feb 8 episode - Cuddy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
Well, House was definitely a supporting character this episode, but I found Cuddy's day in hell episode to be one of the best of the entire series.

I thought that the overwhelming set of problems was entertaining to watch and gave us a lot of insight into her character.

Frankly, I have become a little bored with the formula where the team gets it wrong three times and almost kills the patient before coming up with the correct diagnosis. Being House's patient is almost as bad as being Quincy's friend. I really liked that the same multiple diagnosis and politics thing was going on in the background this episode, but we only saw it when it went and slapped Cuddy in the face.

Won't say more now to avoid doing spoilers, but was wondering if others agreed with my feelings here?

Frankly, I have become a little bored with the formula where the team gets it wrong three times and almost kills the patient before coming up with the correct diagnosis.

This is the format because House is a detective show, not a medical show.

If you watch Castle or Monk, you will find the same format - the obvious choice (the person with the obvious motive for the murder) is always wrong.

Castle is especially similar to House - in that they are "sure" they have figured it out roughly three times in the episode. ;)

Monk had a major flaw in the format, but that did not keep it from being successful, so they never bothered to correct the flaw. The flaw was that during the first 10-20 minutes, there was only some event that had nothing to do with what was going on, and that event was always the clue. For example, in one episode, a character takes a bite out of a strawberry (in a way that had nothing to do with the action), and that ends up being the evidence that convicts him. Monk was the only show that never had any "color" (irrelevant material solely present to give "color" to a character), and so any irrelevant material was automatically a major clue...

Anyway, the premise of House remains that he is Sherlock Holmes, and Wilson is Watson (only two letters different, in fact). The criminals are diseases.

By the way, getting back to the thread topic :D , I also thought this was a particularly good episode.

It was cleverly topical in the way it pointed out that all corporations in the Health Care industry have profit as their goal, and "business" simply consists of getting more money out of everyone you deal with.

Doctors and nurses see people in pain and need, but CEOs only deal with abstractions like "costs" "clients" and "suppliers"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts