Fed up with DishNetworks delays

I dont' feel so bad after reading your story. At least I haven't got charged!!! This is how wonderful dish networks customer retation plan is... did you know, if you've purchased the Dish programing from Retailer you can get your 811 in about day. but if you've purchased directly from Dish... you have to be on that infamous waiting list. Talk about Customer Loyalty Program... I feel bad for customer service reps over there...

I thought I should bring up a point on the charging since I thought I was doubled changed. WHat Dish does is the following.

1) Charges you for the unit on your credit card when you purchase it and created your account for amount they charge for the unit. This leads, if you do autopay, to not getting a bill the next month (Assuming you do not have over 149 bucks in monthly charges).

2) When you receive the 811, then charge your account the 149 and it shows up in your monthly bill. This is very confusing and may lead to some thinking they were charged before getting the receiver.

Not sure if this is what is happening or if you are actually being charged before receiving the unit, but this might explain what is happening. Hope this makes sense.

wow, this really worked! I sent a huffy email to the ceo address, got a call back in < 24 hours setting up my $149 811 install for this Sunday...

I had been on the 'pre-order' list since the first week of January. Had just called E* back a couple of days ago and was told that they couldn't give me any more information on the availability. Guess you just have to know how to work the system, such as it is...

Thanks for the tip!

respectable is right --

e-mailed ceo Wednesday evening, Adam called Thurs afternoon, installed Friday morning -- not bad!

Thanks, Juan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)