Federal Agent removes Google Glass off a movie goer's head

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Not surprised but people are going to have to use common sense as well. I can see work environment bars, just allot of places banning these which they should. For the most part people really are only going to be able to wear something like this at home or just out in public places is about it. To me its just a waste of money. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Federal-Agent-removes-Google-Glass-off-a-movie-goers-head_id51627
Sorry, but reading the article, they were prescription. So he couldn't see without having them on. This whole thing is silly. First, can glass even record for that long without the battery dying or it's memory becoming full? I was under the impression that it was more of a short video clip recorder. Second, if it's recording, there's a light. No light, no recording. Third, even if they suspected he was illegally recording, they should have asked him to leave the theater rather than ripping the glasses off his face (most likely battery).

I don't see why these should be banned unless cell phones are also banned at these places. These things have less functionality than our phones, so I really don't understand the increased paranoia that this new form factor is engendering.

Sorry, but reading the article, they were prescription. So he couldn't see without having them on. This whole thing is silly. First, can glass even record for that long without the battery dying or it's memory becoming full? I was under the impression that it was more of a short video clip recorder. Second, if it's recording, there's a light. No light, no recording. Third, even if they suspected he was illegally recording, they should have asked him to leave the theater rather than ripping the glasses off his face (most likely battery).

I don't see why these should be banned unless cell phones are also banned at these places. These things have less functionality than our phones, so I really don't understand the increased paranoia that this new form factor is engendering.

Yeah I don't necessary have a issue with people having them and yes some might have a good reason for having them like a prescription so forth but most places will not allow them which its easy to see why. Yeah the agent could have handle things allot better for sure and if anyone has some for prescription the smart thing to do is have a regular pair of glasses to wear so you can switch them out when need be.

Can you clarify? These things do far less than what cell phones can do, so I really don't see why.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Google glass is a lot easier to hide than someone holding up a cell phone to record a movie...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)