Feds Probing Ref In Mafia Bet Scam

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.

NBA IN A 'FIX'
FEDS PROBING REF IN MAFIA BET SCAM​

July 20, 2007 -- THE FBI is investigating an NBA referee who allegedly was betting on basketball games - including ones he was officiating during the past two seasons - as part of an organized-crime probe in the Big Apple, The Post has learned.

The investigation, which began more than a year ago, is zeroing in on blockbuster allegations that the referee was making calls that affected the point spread to guarantee that he - and the hoods who had their hooks in him - cashed in on large bets

NBA IN A 'FIX' | By MURRAY WEISS | Columnists | Steve Dunleavy | Andrea Peyser

I wounder how many games were fixed.:rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

This to me, would be BIGGER than a player trying to fix games.....MUCH bigger!

Oh yeah, they could really change a game all by themselves, wonder if Crawford threw Duncan out of that game for that reason.

I don't follow basketball much, but man I just read some of the reports on the new sites. Looks very bad right now and a huge PR issue for the NBA

I don't follow basketball much, but man I just read some of the reports on the new sites. Looks very bad right now and a huge PR issue for the NBA

It's not just the NBA, but ALL professional sports....tell me what athlete is NOT gonna have it in the back of their mind when a call goes against him??

Like I said, this is WAY beyond some player doing it....

Worse than the "Black Sox"? Are you guy's kidding me? You now nothing about what is going on here, unless you were (are?) personnally involved. What facts do you have to present on this case to back up that statement? Last I saw , the Feds are running an INVESTIGATION. I haven't seen as much as an indictment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts