salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
Thu Sep 22 02:01pm EDT

Police seize eight pounds of marijuana from home of Bengals WR

By Chris Chase

A 2.5-pound shipment of marijuana was seized at the home of Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Jerome Simpson(notes) on Wednesday.

Bengals tackle Anthony Collins(notes) was with Simpson at the Crestview Hills, Ky., house when police confiscated the package. A spokeswoman for the California Department of Justice said police tracked the shipment from California after a two-day investigation.

A woman, Aleen Smith, signed for the package before police swooped in. Simpson gave consent for authorities to search his home, where they found six additional pounds of marijuana and paraphernalia including "packaging materials, scales and smoking devices."

Simpson and Collins were detained but not arrested. The case will be addressed by the Kenton County (Ky.) Prosecutor's Office on Thursday.

The head of the National Marijuana Initiative, a government-funded organization that coordinates marijuana enforcement, told Californiawatch.org that the home was set up as a distribution network. "They had it all set up to receive supplies of high-grade marijuana from Northern California, and from there, it was being distributed from that residence," Tommy LaNier told the website.

Simpson had a career-high 146 yards receiving in Cincinnati's loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. Collins, an offensive lineman, did not play in the game.

Police seize eight pounds of marijuana from home of Bengals WR - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Hey, I am all for legalization of pot. However, how f***ing stupid can you be to have all of that $$$ and be involved in distribution?!?

Hey, I am all for legalization of pot. However, how f***ing stupid can you be to have all of that $$$ and be involved in distribution?!?

You would be surprised how stupid folks could be....

NBA center Camby arrested for marijuana possession

1 hour, 19 minutes ago

HOUSTON (AP)—NBA veteran Marcus Camby(notes) is free on bond after police in suburban Houston arrested him on a charge of marijuana possession.

Camby was in a Porsche pulled over Monday for what police called an equipment violation. Pearland police Lt. Onesimo Lopez says an officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle and they found less than two ounces of the drug inside.

Camby and another person inside, Kendal Johnson, were arrested and charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in a drug-free zone because the arrest occurred near a school. Both were released on individual $2,000 bonds.

Court records did not show an attorney for either individual.

Camby, who was arrested in 1997 in Connecticut for marijuana possession, played last season with the Portland Trail Blazers. The 15-year NBA veteran is 37 years old.

NBA center Camby arrested for marijuana possession - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

I used to "distribute" pot. I'd buy an ounce and then dole our enough "nickel bags" to my friends so that I got the balance for free. The marijuana equivalent of "I'll fly f you buy" alchohol procurement.

This guy and his friends have seven figure incomes, so it is practical for one to make the buy and "distribute it" to the others.

I remember when a large package of marijuana addressed to Robert Parish got seized. Parish made a non-denial, saying that this was an embarassment to his team and himself and that he would make sure it didn't happen again. It was like a politician, after deliberately offending someone, says," If I have offended anyone, I am truly sorry." Basically, Parish was resolved to not get caught again, and had too much integrity to offer any silly denials.

I always bought by the ounce (actually quarter ounce).

The first ones to go metric are pot smokers?!? I would think that they would be the last.

A Google search "8 pounds of marijuana" turned up this photo:

pot_82807350.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts