Fee for removing leased receiver from service?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yaz96

Baby, It's Cold Outside
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
What is the DISH policy if you want to remove a leased receiver from service temporarily?

I am thinking of droppping down from PlatHD to a lower HD tier, and was thinking of reducing the DVR fee(s) they will charge. If I remove one of my leased 622's, will they still charge me a lease fee?
Can I keep it until I put it back in service?
Will they want it returned? If so, will they refund the $199?? HA! HA!:mad:

Is there a REMOVAL OF LEASE RCVR FEE? :eek:

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Last edited:
No removal of leased receiver fee, but they will ask you to return it. There will also be a penalty if you have not fulfilled your commitment to an HD package. If you are on PlatHD, the dvr fee is waived so that will probably be added onto the package.

No removal of leased receiver fee, but they will ask you to return it. There will also be a penalty if you have not fulfilled your commitment to an HD package. If you are on PlatHD, the dvr fee is waived so that will probably be added onto the package.

I only want to remove it temporarily.

I am not cancelling service, only removing a leased receiver, and downgrading to a lower tier HD package.

I have 2 622's and a 942.

Last edited:
He answered it. There is no fee (other than the $5 downgrade fee) and they will ask you to return any leased receiver that is not in use.

Anytime you deactivate leased equipment DISH attempts to retrieve it. Failure to return it within 10 days you will be charged. *shrug* So it depends on what your definition of "temporarily" is. If it is more than a day, then you'll probably cause more issues than you solve.

If you send back the receiver, you don't get the $200 back - it's not a deposit it's a fee for leasing the receiver in the first place. Yep, pretty much screwed though I'm really sorry to say this :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)