Feeling Cheated by Dish

update on Dish rebate

Update 9-22-06

I felt like this was such a ridiculous stand that I would call back the executive resolution dept. again and try one more time. I talked to Don operator ID 74 N and told him that I just have to make someone understand that you just cannot keep someone’s money when your company could not deliver anything for that money. Finally someone understood and totally agreed with me and said he would talk to his supervisor. He did and his supervisor named John at 866 4435162 ext 48853, said that he approved of my refund. That was on 9-12-06. Still nothing on 9-18-06. I called back on 9-18-06 and talked to Debbie Bauman operator id oq8. She looked at my account and said I see the approval but do not know why it has not gone through and said she would put it through right then. On 9-22-06 still nothing. I called back and talked to Crystal operator rsd on 9-22-06 and told her the story. She investigated and stated that even though a top supervisor was approving the refund, it was the refund department that was stopping it. I asked her who had the final say so and she said that John did. Emails have been sent to john to see if he even knows what the refund department has done. Still waiting. I am upset about my money, but what upsets me the very most is the fact that most employees at this company do not get it. You cannot charge someone for service that was not delivered.

another follow up

I am sorry for the long post, but I did not know how to make it shorter. I am going to try to consolidate and address some issues that I have read on this forum.

After the saleman talke me into trying a complete full money back no risk offer, I did. Installers came out and could not get a signal and had me sign a no signal on the invoice. Only a few non hd channels came through and that was very spotty. The installer comes back the next day and said i think it is the weather (now I know that they just wanted to be paid) The tried again even though we were still in bad weather, no signal. he said I should try it for a couple of days and wait for weather to clear. I did and he said to sign this since he did the install. It was the same paper so they were signed in both places.still no signal. Their executive office said they can keep my money even though they gave me no product or service, NONE!!!!!

I've been a Dish subscriber for 8 years and have gotten several upgrades for either free or substantially reduced prices. These upgrade deals come along all the time.

Just this year they offered a $200 credit for a leased 921 or 942 off of the $299 leased 622 and threw in a free dish & lnb upgrade with installation.

Later they amended this so that you could upgrade for a net $0/free deal ... which is the one that I patiently waited for.

In the past I've gotten deals on other dish upgrades, regular receivers and DVRs. For example, 2-3 years back I was offered a deal where I could buy a new 510 for $75. I used it for a couple of years and then sold it for more than I paid for it.

If someone has been with E* for a long time and never gotten a good equipment upgrade deal, then you either haven't been paying attention, or you are an early adopter (which almost never gets the good deal), or you buy your equipment (infrequent good deals).

Twilloo,

Did you pay the $250 with a credit card? If so, call your credit card bank up and dispute the charge - you returned the equipment and never started service. They'll do a chargeback to Dish.

Last edited:

Will this Leviton 5x8 module work with Dish?

622 question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)