Will this Leviton 5x8 module work with Dish?

nlrobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I am building a new home and I will have a Leviton control panel. I am looking for video module to manage all of the incoming feeds and distribute them to my receivers throughout the home. I have a 622, 501, and one 301 receiver right now, and I will probably add a 211 after we get settled in. I had two dishes to support the various orbital locations at my old house and I hoping they will install 2 dishes at my new residence as well.

With all that said, will the Leviton 5x8 video module work with Dish Network? The product details seem to indicate that it is designed for DirectTV, but I am not sure if the DirecTV reference is a advertising tie-in or if the module is truly designed for DirecTV and as a result will have a compatability issue with Dish Network.

Leviton 5x8 Multi-Switch Module
Link: http://www.leviton-lin.com/catalog/BuildPage.aspx?BuildPageID=2803

I tried doing some searches online and I couldn't find anything that indicated there one way or the other.

If this module will not work, what Leviton module should I choose or should I go with another brand and try to fit it into my control panel?

Thanks in advance.

This won't work with Dish systems. You need Dish Network branded switches for the system to work correctly.

I think these kind of switches used to work for the older legacy stuff, but not with the new DPP capable receivers. Don't hold me to that.

The ONLY way you could use this w/E* is with a single sat legacy dish. (you would NOT be able to use the 2nd dish input, as even the legacy multisat switches f/E* were not compatable)
These were made for D* multisat systems, but even they will NOT work with the new HD dishes.

As the other poster says, you MUST use E* branded switches to work.

Do you have any recommendations or links to Dish specific products that I can use to serve this same function. I basically need a video module to link all of my input signals coming in from my satellite and route them to the various receivers throughout the house. The module needs to fit in my control panel, but it doesn't have to fit perfectly as a leviton module does. As long as I can get the cover on, I am happy.

Thanks

Dish 522 DVR COnnections

Feeling Cheated by Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)