Fellow Dish Subscribers, help keep me with you

Well, I decided to stick with Dish and ordered up the 2 hopper and 2 joey system scheduled from Friday. Then today I see the dispute about Big Ten network. I can't live without that so I may cancel my install until that is worked out.

As for OTA, I mainly use it because the quality is better than Dish locals and is evident during sporting events. So for now I just decided I can watch the game live OTA (like I normally do anyway) but use the TV OTA tuner and record the game via sat. Still hoping the OTA module comes soon.

Successful 2 hopper and 2 joey install yesterday. All is up and going with no issues and I like what I have so far.

One thing I missed in all my research about the hopper was the requirement of 3ghz RG6. After I disconnected all receivers and internal wiring and he came done from the roof working on the dish he told me about that requirement. So we talked about how to fish all new cables and I said that really isn't an option. My house is only 7 years old and all prewired so I was caught off guard by this issue. Jumped on this forum and searched around and found the only real issue is from the DuoNode to the hopper. We decided to go ahead and give it a try after seeing a couple people on this forum doing it without issue. Turns out my existing 7 year old, RG6U Quad shield seems to be up to the task. But will continue to monitor.

Only other glitch I found was with external hard drive. Transferred a bunch of recordings back onto the first hopper, then went to put the rest on the other hopper...would not recognize the drive. Chatted with support, got a rehit and still nothing. Then remembered I had the sling adapter connected in the back so I disconnected that and then the drive worked.

Hooking Dish up in an apartment

Prepare for another price increase thx to ESPN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)