FF button on remote 52 still hops too much!!

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
This is happening a lot with recorded programs. Commercials start. I press FF button (above channel up/down). It jumps 15 seconds(I assume.) The second time seems ok, too. But the third or the fourth push advances the recording more than it should. A minute, 90 seconds? Then, I have to press reverse button several times. :shh
If I press little longer the recorded show advances faster. but, I have the same problem.

There were discussions regarding this annoying issue in the past. Are the software engineers not working on this? it's been a while.

Attachments

• fix it.gif
    fix it.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: LQQK
This is happening a lot with recorded programs. Commercials start. I press FF button (above channel up/down). It jumps 15 seconds(I assume.) The second time seems ok, too. But the third or the fourth push advances the recording more than it should. A minute, 90 seconds? Then, I have to press reverse button several times. :shh
If I press little longer the recorded show advances faster. but, I have the same problem.

There were discussions regarding this annoying issue in the past. Are the software engineers not working on this? it's been a while.
If you hold down the FF button longer than needed the FF increases speed. Quick prsee is 30 seconds, long press starts at 15X, a second press goes to 60x etc.

This happens to me also. Sometimes it gets stuck in a commercial loop and I can't get out of it. End up losing the recording. I am now also experiencing screen blackouts randomly and need to reboot. I've had 3 software changes in one month and this is the worse

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
screen blackouts
Very familiar. The screen turns black and stays black. I go back to live tv and start all over.
Another problem: I FF several times, instead of jumping ahead, the recording starts from the beginning!
Few years back, FF button worked great. Is it possible some software update caused this?
Just for this reason, I wouldn't dare having my leased Hopper replaced. Since it is happening to other members I am hoping engineers may be tempted to look into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts