Fiberoptic Extenders For DirecTV 4k?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jshowalter

Original poster
Sep 24, 2016
Los Gatos
The only place on my client's property that has line of sight is approximately 700' from their house.

Thor Fiber makes fiberoptic extenders that pass L-band, but a DirecTV slimline with three-LNB 4k puts much higher frequencies through the SWM and onto the coax output.

(I haven't been able to get a firm answer from DirecTV about what those frequences are. Would appreciate it if someone knows and posts that here.)

Thor Fiber doesn't make anything for higher bandwidth, and I can't find anyone else who does either.

Has anyone else found a solution to this problem? The client is not going to be happy having to settle for SD.

the freq on the coax is 2.3-2150Mhz, which is probably your best bet. you'll probably have to do something pretty exotic, and run power out there for the PI, then transfer it to fiber, to the house, and back to coax from there. theres no way you'd be able to get the feed from the satelites over a fiber line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)