figure this timer problem out

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
My 622 isn't picking up the series finale of Stargate Atlantis on Sci-Fi HD on the 9th as a new episode, even though it has the correct air date, correct episode number, and full description including "New". It's not flagging it as a re-run either, as I would expect if one of those items were missing or incorrect, it's just ignoring it.

My 622 isn't picking up the series finale of Stargate Atlantis on Sci-Fi HD on the 9th as a new episode, even though it has the correct air date, correct episode number, and full description including "New". It's not flagging it as a re-run either, as I would expect if one of those items were missing or incorrect, it's just ignoring it.

Maybe there's a slight name change for the finale.

The name appears to be the same, but somewhere along the line somebody must've somehow created it as a different series, because I just found out that they're doing re-runs every day next week, but none of them on Thursday or Friday get tagged as re-runs. I suppose that's better than having them all show up as new and fill up somebody's DVR, but if I wasn't checking the timers regularly and missed the finale I wouldn't be too happy.

The same thing appears to be happening on for the SD version of Stargate Atlantis too. I have my DVR set up to record new episodes only too, and up until Thursday 01/08/09 @ 7:00 am they all show up as skipped saying not a new episode. After that there is no status at all on any of them.
Perhaps there is a limit on how many episodes it can keep track of for recording purposes?
Since the marathon starts today I will check again tomorrow and see if next Thursday's episodes start showing up as skipped or not.

It's happening to everyone. Must be some glitch with Tribune Media. In the meantime, make a manual timer.

Looks like the limit to how many events each timer picks up is 50, and since SciFi is running the entire series in marathon form every day from today through next Friday, it maxes out. It should pick it up in a couple of days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts