Filler channels

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
Using the package comparison tool I see the shopping channels (QVC, ShopHQ, Gems, etc) and other fillers are listed under AT120 but not Dish America.

Am I correct to assume you don't get the fillers under DA?

Especially since those channels pay Dish to carry them.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Filler channels? If by filler channels you mean some channels that hundreds of thousands watch and would be on the phone if they disappeared such as QVC, then yes those are included.

They subsidize your (our) Dish bills. They aren't filler, they are subsidizers. Of course, the religious channels subsidize, but then bilk their viewers... so I'm not too comfy with that.

Though... maybe we could launch a Sat TV Cult, err... Religion channel. Scherman could wear a big purple wig, crying about the big voice in the sky he can hear (and see in brilliant HD). The cast could have grandiose furniture. And a choir led by blugras singing, asking people to send us more money so we can get more channels in 4K.

They subsidize your (our) Dish bills. They aren't filler, they are subsidizers. Of course, the religious channels subsidize, but then bilk their viewers... so I'm not too comfy with that.

Though... maybe we could launch a Sat TV Cult, err... Religion channel. Scherman could wear a big purple wig, crying about the big voice in the sky he can hear (and see in brilliant HD). The cast could have grandiose furniture. And a choir led by blugras singing, asking people to send us more money so we can get more channels in 4K.

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or slightly offended by this. :D

The shopping channels bilk their viewers as well, but at least you get a product of some value in return. ;)

I believe those channels are also in the clear. No decryption required :).

fixed key...maybe (I remember when my dad's 301 lost authorization he could see the freeview channels and a couple more)
in the clear...no. Only channel that is in the clear is 101. Any free to air receiver can see them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)