Final 'Harry Potter' novel reported to be made into 2 films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner Bros. really wants to milk that puppy. :rolleyes:

As it is, I wish they had split Goblet of Fire, as they had to cut way too much out of it for time.

As it is, I wish they had split Goblet of Fire, as they had to cut way too much out of it for time.

I agree. I didn't read the books until last summer after DH had come out and when I got to GoF I was shocked at how much extra detail was in the book. I completely agree with making DH 2 movies and I'm happy that they're going that route instead of trying to cram it all in to a single movie.

I am just struggling with how they cut that story in half, and have an ending to the first one that is even half-way decent.

DH was a dark read and I wonder how they will keep it kid friendly in the movies, heck I wouldnt even have considered DH to have been kid friendly as a book due to its highly negative and dark nature.

I am just struggling with how they cut that story in half, and have an ending to the first one that is even half-way decent.
Shuffle things around a bit. Probably end the first one at either the Ministry or Gringolts.

Gringolts would be a good ending point, but it's too far end the end, only Hogwarts is after it.
Ministry isn't quite as exciting, but is around the halfway point. Of course they could end on a cliffhanger when they get captured prior to being taken to the Malfoy Manor.

I think it'll probably split when they are hiding in the countryside, probably during the winter time when things had slowed down wich woulod be the best time to do it.

I think it'll probably split when they are hiding in the countryside, probably during the winter time when things had slowed down wich woulod be the best time to do it.
That's kinda what I was thinking. But end it when he says Voldemort's name and the Snatchers capture them. Makes for a good cliffhanger.

Lord of the Rings was split easily enough. It's not like there will be 1-2 years between them too. I'm guessing one will be right before Christmas and the follow-up at the start of summer.

My son (just turned 9) is a big Harry Potter fan. He finished the last book a few weeks ago. Pretty impressive, I think, for someone his age.

Regarding Goblet of Fire, if anyone's read the book, yeah, that movie was horrible with what they cut out. I'm surprised JK Rowling even allowed it !!

I havent read any of the other books and I could tell that goblet of fire was hacked in the movie production, my friend and I left the theater wanting alot more from that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)