Finally, a problem with HDMI......

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Not sure if others had posted this issue.......

Conside myself pretty lucky so far, no issues with HDMI on all my 622s, that luck ended today.

All of suddent, one of 622 lost audio completely today. I reboot the box several times with different ways, then called support, went through a complete re-check the switch process (I don't believe that would fix anything anyway). Still no sound at all. Tech support issued replacement and that was the end of it.

Since there was no option left, I decided to unplug the HDMI cable and re-insert it.... Figured the worst could happen would be losing the picture as well, but out of my suprise, it worked! Audio come back and everything became normal again.

At mean time, I cancelled replacement order and hoping that is jut a simple one time incident with HDMI handshake issue.....

Anyone had any encounter with audio only problems with HDMI?

I had the same problem earlier this week. Unplugging the receiver did not fix it. I just switched the TV to external over-the-air antenna and watched my morning news that way. Figured I would look at it closer when I got back home from work in the evening.

The Dish receiver was off for like 1/2 hour. My wife came in the room turned it back on to watch one of her shows and it was fine.

Not sure what the deal was since I didn't touch one cable. :confused:

Been working fine ever since.

Since there was no option left, I decided to unplug the HDMI cable and re-insert it.... Figured the worst could happen would be losing the picture as well, but out of my suprise, it worked! Audio come back and everything became normal again.

Anyone had any encounter with audio only problems with HDMI?

I had this issue a couple of months ago. I'm not sure about the audio dropout (since I use optical to my amplifier) but I lost picture all of a sudden, while watching a show. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and all was fine. That should have been one of your first things to try.

Mine had similar issues to some described here. It seems that the earlier 622s (mine was rev B) have a possiblity that the HDMI port will fail. It took a while, but eventually it went out all together on mine. Get ready to call for a replacement at some point if the HDMI port is acting up on you.

A quick update: After the cable reset, it worked for awhile (few hours), then, the audio quited again. Still has the video. This time, reset the HDMI cable didn't work at all. So, had call the Dish back. The replacement is on its way.

BTW, this is a "D" revision unit.

check your software verision. should be, well usually i could tell you but for some reason my computer will not let me get to that page.

A quick update: After the cable reset, it worked for awhile (few hours), then, the audio quited again. Still has the video. This time, reset the HDMI cable didn't work at all. So, had call the Dish back. The replacement is on its way.

BTW, this is a "D" revision unit.

Just an FYI- the latest revision is F, I think. That's the last one I got and a friend of mine just got an F as well. Post if it's a G or anything later. Just curious to see how many revisions they have before they get it right. :D

My issue is not exactly the same with most have experienced. I did not lose the picture. Just the audio. It could still very much due to the poor design of circuit board. The only thing is: my HDMI cable was very secure at the back of 622 and had no possibility of an movement. It could be an isolated situation........ So far I have no HDMI issues with all other 5 622s (both C & D revisions).

Received replacement today. It is a "K" revision unit. There are few noticable differences compare to my "C" and "D" version of units:

1. The HDMI conect is much (I mean a lots) tight than others. Make it a very secure feeling. I think Dish finally replaced what ever they have been using before.

2. The local channel scanning process is much faster. Although that could be the software related sicne I have not re-scan my locals on other unit after L365 software.

Last edited:
My HDMI went out a couple of weeks ago and I just got around to calling about it this morning. I was told by the CSR that "it was a known issue and they were working to resolve it by the end of the month and I should use the component connection until then."

Does this sound reasonable to you guys?

And I'm curious how you tell what 'revision' unit you have?

Thx!

The revision letter is on back of the receiver, there is a long series number with one letter at the end, under the top bar code on the label. The letter represents the revision.

When I call the CSR, just told them firmly that I have went through all the steps (as they might have you do it all over again), then ask for the replacement under warrenty. Don't even given or take any other options from CSR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts