Finally, a total of Broadband Subscribers revealed

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
112,894,214 Households.
That is out of, currently, 130 Million households in the United States.

Also does include services like Star Link and Hughes ( in my opinion, not true broadband).

So the only ones left are those in extremely rural areas and just those who do not want it ( older folks?).

Explains why the exodus from Traditional Live TV is increasing, more options because of the availability of broadband to them.

112,894,214 Households.
That is out of, currently, 130 Million households in the United States.

Also does include services like Star Link and Hughes ( in my opinion, not true broadband).

So the only ones left are those in extremely rural areas and just those who do not want it ( older folks?).

Explains why the exodus from Traditional Live TV is increasing, more options because of the availability of broadband to them.

Well how many have broadband like me? I have T-Mobile but my speeds sometimes cant even stream? If Im lucky I get 30 down and 3 up....But it is broadband, I guess

Well how many have broadband like me? I have T-Mobile but my speeds sometimes cant even stream?
Do you have other options?
If Im lucky I get 30 down and 3 up....But it is broadband, I guess
25 and over is considered broadband, the current FCC wanted to increase that to 100, but had pushback against that.

I will stop now on that subject, the rest would be for the pit.

I live in a semi rural area, but when we were looking at this house, learned it had Charter/Spectrum, found out later this neighborhood did not have broadband until 2018, we bought in 2020.

That was shocking to me since we had broadband since the late 90’s back in Michigan, but once I seen the area, I knew why, since every house has 1.5-2 acres , not enough houses in this area to make it worth it, took grants from the Government to service the area.

So while I have 1G speed, I have no options for service from the cell companies, using the phone is awful here, I have to use wi-if calling at the house, but if I take the dogs for a walk, no service.

Do you have other options?

25 and over is considered broadband, the current FCC wanted to increase that to 100, but had pushback against that.

I will stop now on that subject, the rest would be for the pit.

I live in a semi rural area, but when we were looking at this house, learned it had Charter/Spectrum, found out later this neighborhood did not have broadband until 2018, we bought in 2020.

That was shocking to me since we had broadband since the late 90’s back in Michigan, but once I seen the area, I knew why, since every house has 1.5-2 acres , not enough houses in this area to make it worth it, took grants from the Government to service the area.

So while I have 1G speed, I have no options for service from the cell companies, using the phone is awful here, I have to use wi-if calling at the house, but if I take the dogs for a walk, no service.
Yep few other options, just as bad, just as unreliable, and cost more. I worry how bad it will be, come NFL season because I have to stream it.... Sundays on a busy tourist day its real bad

Depends on your definition of "broadband". To me "broadband" means high speed Internet and that's not their definition.

"cable and wireline phone providers and fixed wireless services in the U.S"

So they are combining cable TV, pots line phone, and cell phone service and calling it broadband? Seriously? Let's have a show of hands, how many have gotten broadband over their pots line? Nobody you say? The FCC defines broadband as minimum 25Mbps down and 3Mbps up. My DSL was just under 10Mbps. If I wanted to download a game I started it just before I went to bed and hope it was down by morning and didn't burp during the night. I don't call that "broadband". Try watching an HD movie over DSL and don't even think about 4K or multiple connections. The most telling thing about that article is they never define what broadband is. 5Mbps, 10, 20, 50, 100+? Just more misleading clickbait.

Read Verizon's adv below, especially the part at the bottom that lists available data speeds over DSL. The FCC say broadband is 25Mbps but even Verizon's highest tier is only 7.1-15Mbps. Not my idea of high speed.

DSL Internet Service Verizon.jpg

Reactions: AZ.
Read Verizon's adv below, especially the part at the bottom that lists available data speeds over DSL. The FCC say broadband is 25Mbps but even Verizon's highest tier is only 7.1-15Mbps. Not my idea of high speed.
I would not call it high speed either, but the ad did not say broadband and would not be included in the totals.

Those who did the count, Leichtman Research Group, has access to the real numbers via the quarterly reports.

The only ones they are not exact on it says so at the bottom-

Includes LRG estimates for Cox and Mediacom.

New day, new gleeful post about why "traditional live TV is dead"

Who cares? Netflix stockholders maybe?
Why are you even commenting then?

Perfect example of behavior you were warned against?

I have had a few requests wanting to know the numbers for broadband, especially in regards to 5G services, seeing if is affecting the likes of Comcast, Charter, etc.

If you wish to debate, go for it, if you just wish to be that way, please do not.

And why is owning shares in Netflix a negative?

Reactions: meStevo and osu1991