Finally! A use for Moov!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GadgetRick

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
Near NYC
Well, I FINALLY found a use for Moov. You know, that boring good-looking bandwidth hog. Anyway, we had my 19 month old son downstairs in the home theater (where I have Voom installed) and my wife flipped through the channels. She saw that Tank HD was on Moov (the only worthwhile thing I've seen on this channel) and she turned it on knowing my son just loves fish (it was his first word...believe it or not). Anyway, he normally pays absolutely no attention to a tv which is on. Not at home, not in daycare/school, not anywhere. He dropped what he was doing and sat there and watched Tank HD! He was captivated!

My wife and I both were amazed. He just sat there and watched the tank and kept saying, "Fish!" Whenever a big fish would swim by he'd scream with excitement and SCREAM, "FISH!" I just couldn't believe it. I guess we've got to get a tank now. :)

Anyway, Moov is good for one thing--keeping the attention of a 19 month old boy...

The Rickster

Wait until he trys to get the FISH from the screen with messy hands or trys to climb onto the TV to see where they are...... all things toddlers do. When my son was a toddler he just about pulled over our 20 gallon tank of FISH. Needless to say the tank had to go.....

:yes
BM SR

Yeah

Luckily, the tv is in the home theater, which is in the basement. He's in bed by 8-8:30 every night and he rarely comes down with us. We've sort of done this on purpose as I don't want him becoming like so many other kids who are addicted to tv. My wife and I don't really watch all that much tv and I watch mainly sports and documentaries so I'm not ashamed of what I do watch.

He doesn't pay attention to tvs in other places--at least not yet so it's been working so far... :)

The Rickster

Has anyone seen the Lionel Train MOOV segment? That was pretty cool. I've always had a thing for trains since I saw Risky Business :)

Rickster, what size TV do you have? My cat likes to sit next to me in my HT and stare at the screen, I should put Tank on and see what he does, except I'm afraid he'd jump up on the screen and rip it to shreds.

yup yup

wasch_24 said:
...or a full grown adult that has introduced some form of toxin into their body to put themselves in the state of mind of a 19 month old child. :)

I hear that loud and clear!!!!! :yes

so it is good for 2 things.... :cool:

Size...

The set is 55".

I used to have a cat who loved to watch the nature shows with me. She would watch it with great interest. She also loved watching hockey. She would try and get the puck. As you can guess, I was less than thrilled about that part!

I just hope my son doesn't try and get the fish! ;)

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts