Finally!! An IR remote for the PS3!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Let me know how that works, I really like the quickness of the Sony BD remote and if the IR remote works well -- I might just get it -- my wife gets confused with too many remotes and she already knows how to use our HT remote..

No power button on this. I'll pass and keep with the bluetooth remote for now.

I think it should work with the Harmony, you just need to learn all of the commands.

-John

It will be here tomorrow, I'll let you know how it works. I don't really even plan on using the remote itself, just the reader and teaching my Harmony the commands to run the PS3.

Well, I have had a little time to play with this and here are some initial thoughts. First and foremost, no power button or PS button so no way to turn the thing on or off with this remote! I don't know if there is a technical problem with powering on/off with IR or what but this is a major drawback. Having to grab the game controller to turn it on sucks. Of course without the IR command to power toggle the Harmony can't do it's thing without using the game controller. I was able to teach other commands to the harmony but it needs fine tuning as it is sending the commands too long skipping several menu choices with each press of a button. I'm sure this can be corrected just haven't has time to mess with it although without the ability to power toggle it might not be worth the effort.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)