Finally found G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SATisfied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Lineboro, MD
What a tough bird to catch! I finally found it using an old Starband elliptical dish with my original sadoun universal lnb....and also with all the tips I picked up on this forum.
Thanks for all the info. I used the sat calculator on Sadoun's website, and the Satfinder program to get the elevation, azimuth, and skew angles. I still had to play with the alignment for almost a week. Man what a thrill to see some red bars finally pop up. I thinks that's what makes this hobby so fun. I'm only getting at best 32% quality, but that's enough for now. Again, thanks for all the info.

I am now watching RTN channels

how many channels did you pull in? I got 51 tv on a blind scan.

I haven't counted all of them...I got a lot of double's. I deleted all the tp's about a year ago hoping I'd get the blind scan to work, but it didn't. No blind scan on CaptiveWorks cw600s, even though the Kround OS shows a blind scan feature. I had to manually add tp's from Lyngsat, but I didn't add all of them, although I added the ones with the RTN channels. I'd guess I have at least 30+ channels.

sounds about right

oh and the captiveworks reads low on the quality meter just so you are aware

What a tough bird to catch! I finally found it using an old Starband elliptical dish with my original sadoun universal lnb....and also with all the tips I picked up on this forum.
Thanks for all the info. I used the sat calculator on Sadoun's website, and the Satfinder program to get the elevation, azimuth, and skew angles. I still had to play with the alignment for almost a week. Man what a thrill to see some red bars finally pop up. I thinks that's what makes this hobby so fun. I'm only getting at best 32% quality, but that's enough for now. Again, thanks for all the info.

I am now watching RTN channels

I found G10R just fine with my motorized set up once I got my True South bird locked in, and that took me a couple of hours over a couple of days because I would work on it some and then let it sit, and work on it some more.

I first had my motor/dish on a pole in a bucket of concrete to try different spots around my backyard to find the best place to put it. That was harder than it sounds because as I found out AFTER the concrete had dried and set, I found that the bottom of the bucket was not completely flat and level!

So, you found G10R but I am still trying to get G10L! :)

(I know there isn't one, just trying to make someone smile! After all, airports have R L and sometimes C for the runways! :D

I now have to lock the dish in place with a set screw....the pole it's mounted on is undersized. It's like 1 1/2" in diameter and the dish is like a 21/4" sleeve, so I had to pad out the pole to increase it's diameter with a Fernco rubber flange used in plumbing. Even with the dish fully tightened, it still can move pretty easily, so I'm gonna drill a hole through the dish's sleeve into the pole, countersink it, and run a self tapping screw into it to hold it in place, all the while keeping an eye on the quality meter.....and thanks Iceberg for the tip on the quality. The best it's gotten is about 32, but I'll take it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)