Finally got HD!

Khandurian

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2004
Cocoa Beach Baby!
Ya I know, its been around forever. What can I say, I'm cheap! If I hadn't won a 50" HDTV, I still wouldn't have it!

Got a nice blackish(?) 110/119/129 dish installed on the side of the house, and now watching a few HD channels. I can really see the difference!

I can't remember the rep that was handling my setup, but thank you for all your patience and help.

I know this highly educated type who says HD is a myth.......another over educated idiot.......HD changed the way I watch TV.

Last edited:
I think we should always have an analog channel or two so that there can be comparisons just to remind viewers how much better HD is. HD is a nice thing.

The DVR changed the way we watch TV in my home...

Amen to that!! I love my HD, but there is nothing to compare the change between my BUD days & the day I got Dish and my beloved 501 DVR. The DVR is now central to the way we watch TV; my poor sons found that out when they went off to college & had to do without one (altho' college life has a way of making you not worry too much about TV watching :) ).

Ya, I love my 501 was well. Gonna hate it when it finally kicks the bucket...

+1, although my WebTV Dishplayer (7200?) was pretty cool too. It was ahead of it's time.

I wish I had the opportunity to compare an HD channel to a clean, non-scrambled analog C-Band feed at some point. The home shopping channels used to look great on the BUD. Analog doesn't necessarily mean poor quality! :D

My 1st hdtv was a Mitsubishi dlp. Was great when we got it, but over the years it was nothing but problems. Blown bulbs, bad boards etc. All covered under extended warranty. Finally replaced it with a Sammy 52 inch lcd. Day it was delivered the wife went out for a walk while I set it up. She came home just as I turned it on. Her first words were "OMG Look at that picture." It was that much better.
The Mitsu died again just a week before the extended warranty expired. Aftet 2 failed attempts to repaire it, Mitsu gave me store credit which I applied toward a 56 Sony Bravia.

I too am an old BUD user. Got my BUD back in the mid 80's. Cable was not avliable on the country road I lived on then. Got my Dishnet when Empire Sports when little dish only. Finally disconnected the 4dtv a year ago. the BUD now has grape vines growing through it. It was funny on the Satforums watching the old die hards keep putting down pizza dishes. Couldn't see the writing on the wall right down to the bitter end.

Indeed. Trying to watch the Tour de France without a DVR requires a much more dedication, having watch it when it is shown, or to record on the VCR. The VCR was an amazing thing, but the DVR makes it look so archaic.

Since I got HD/TV & HD/dish back in 2004,I don’t watch none/HD channels for loooong time!
Real love the pic & sound but don’t care about 3D crap TVS or movies these days, might go to theaters see a 3D movie But in my house!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)