Finally!?! Playn' TV and Dish Games available on 622/722 receivers!

sdschramm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
NA
Well the other day I was fooling around with the Dish Home (ch 100, or the button on the remote) and under "5" for games, I noticed that Playn' TV and Dish Games were listed!

For the longest time, they would not come up in the game list, but yet you COULD get into them via a backdoor. (see picture) - you would basily wait long enough for an advertisement for playn tv to come up, and if you clicked on it in the right time, it would let you in, even though the "link" to it in the games menu was not there.

I remember a lot of people used to ask about that on here, and the answer was always unknown why the newest receivers didn't have as much interactive content as an older 311 or 1000 series box.

Anyways, just in case anyone else was "waiting" for this, just want to let people know that they apparently added it. Even if you don't subscribe to these games (I don't) they always have free trials, and sometimes will have free preview of the whole game. Sorry if this has been posted before, or if everyone already knew about this "update"

-Scott

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 200
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 181
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 227
I have to use the backdoor to use ESPN interactive. Why can't the engineers put this in the menu? It works fine if the banner ad finally pops up.

I have to use the backdoor to use ESPN interactive. Why can't the engineers put this in the menu? It works fine if the banner ad finally pops up.

I don't understand why either. I have spoke to people at tech support on the phone an on-line chat, and every time I stump them.

Seems kinda stupid that some of the oldest receivers get more features then the newest 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts