FINALLY - Something from Universal

I cannot wait for them to get around to doing BSG on BD. Season one on HD-DVD was gorgeous, now need to buy again in BD.

That's an EXPENSIVE double dip! That thing was $100 MSRP with Toshiba's subsidies to Universal. If Universal's not getting BD subsidies, I don't want to think of the costs. Are they going to shoot for Paramount/Fox pricing?

Are you going to sell it now, since the price will drop once the Blu-Ray becomes available.

... If Universal's not getting BD subsidies, ...

I suspect those subsidies have dried up for everyone. Current agreements will likely run their course and not be renewed. Time to recoup losses and start making money. Nothing wrong with that, it should be expected.

JPs, Back to the Futures, all the Star Wars, Das Boot, both Starship Troopers - there's quite a few I'm eager to buy on BD. So eager, some I'll buy at full price as soon as they come out. :(

Oh well, this kind of entertainment ain't cheap - it's more of a hobby, and there are darn few cheap hobbies.

Agree with the hobby comment. I buy one to two new/old releases per week on average. Dont see me slowing down. Last weeks buy was AVP 2, this week its Golden Compass.

Ill be buying Hulk and Hellboy II, also Fast and Furious is they offer it.

Universal's Blu-ray audio plans revealed, DTS-HD Master Audio included

by Darren Murph, posted May 1st 2008 at 8:32AM

Listen up, audiophiles -- we know you've already pored over Universal's Blu-ray plans, but for those thirsting for more details in the world of audio, you've found your oasis. Sitting down with The Man Room, Universal made clear that its first wave of BD releases on July 22nd (all films from The Mummy franchise) would actually include Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. Yep, that means you'll be getting more than just a lackadaisical port should you snap these up on Blu-ray. The studio also mentioned that it was looking forward to DTS-HD MA becoming "the Blu-ray standard" at its headquarters, so we're hoping to see (er, hear) a lot more lossless from these guys in the near future.

Universal's Blu-ray audio plans revealed, DTS-HD Master Audio included - Engadget HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)