finding 110

yukonjack

Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
My receiver is a DP 510. Trying to locate 110. Now I have 2 Dishes. Switch DP21.

Do I need two Dishes? Have learned a lot from reading posts, but haven't found my answer.
zip is 99765, way north
One Dish is 2 1/2 ft. and the other is 4 feet. Both have LNPs have two inputs.

Is it better with 1 Dish, or 2?

Everything is plumb, no tress, etc

HELP!

thanks-

According to google it is Nulato Alaska. That's east of Nome. You need the biggest dish you have to look at 110 and the smaller one to 119 combined thru sw21's if you are using dual lnb's. The 510 itself should tell you the approx az and el for 110. Set the dish system for 300 type According to my 622 the az is 118 and the el is 11 degrees. for your zip code. I'm not sure the 4 footer is big enough to get the signals for the non mpeg4 channels from 110. Here is Soldotna I use a 6 footer and the levels are acceptable. Be advised that once E11 is launched later this year or early next, then your 4 ft dish will work.

Good luck!

I had 110 before. The 4 footer was picking up 110 and the smaller 119. This was done by a former satellte installer with a very $$$ finder.
The problem was I would lose the signal with the smaller dish at 119 many more times than when I switch. With the large Dish on 119 my signal strength is routinely 125. But, I can't find 110 with the smaller Dish.

So.. it sounds like you saying because of my location I need the large Dish at 110
Is it just a matter of aiming the large Dish until the "Point Dish" locks onto 110? if so, where and how much?
When I tried to find 110 with the smaller Dish and watching "Point Dish" I would get 119 wrong satellite etc. does that mean I was close?

Does it matter if the other cable is connect to the switch when trying to find 110 or 119?

What's this E11 you mentioned--a new satellitte?
Any improvements?

Thanks

E11 is a new satellite that is supposedly going to 110 to help with power levels.

But yeah in Alaska you need a larger dish for 110 than what is used for 119

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts