SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
Kailua Kona, HI
I'm in Hawaii and currently use the following setup to pick up 119 and 110:

24" dish pointed at 119
30" dish pointed at 110

2 SW21 feeding an 811 and a 501

I picked up a satellite finder on Ebay and tried to find the 129 sat to see if I can receive it here.

After pointing in the general direction I was receiving a signal on the finder. When I went inside to check my receivers it shows the following for 129 and my zip code (96740) under peak angles:

811 receivers shows129 but doesn't give any angle info (P333)
501 receiver does not even show the 129 sat (P304 software)

Do I need to do anything to make the receivers pick up 129 or should it just be there?

I'm hoping to get a lease deal on a 942 and want to make sure I can receive 129 before doing so.

Thanks

Does 129 even make it to Hawaii. I thought that when they moved it from its original place that it lost its ability to be full conus.

I don't think ANY receiver is programmed with angle data for 129 yet.

If you're getting a green bar, you're good to go.

As for the 501, note that it will NOT pick up any of the HD transponders, sp you've got to scan around - but there's nothing on 129 for it anyway.

Dune, you know that adding a third sat. location and using legacy equipment you will need a SW64 switch. 129 is a lot less powerful of a satellite than 110 and 119 so you will definetely need at least a 30" (76cm) to 40" (1.0m) dish if I had to guess.

dune the dish 1000 manual in the back gives dish pointing angles in a zip code chart.
under 967xx AZ is 101 EL is 41 skew is 33
don't know if that will help you any but there it is.
Tim

hhkr, dish 1000 doesn't work in hawaii,what he needs is a separate dish 36 inch is good for the 129.

Please refer to my original post.

I understand what I need in the way of dishes.

What I would like to know is if I need to do anything to my receivers to make them acknowledge that a signal from 129 is there.

I was temporarily pointing my 30" dish at the 129 location to see if there was a signal. The sat finder showed it was there but the receiver didn't recognize the 129 sat.

"I was temporarily pointing my 30" dish at the 129 location to see if there was a signal. The sat finder showed it was there but the receiver didn't recognize the 129 sat."

Did you run check switch? Once your sat finder shows any signal, go to the receiver and run check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)