Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Motion Picture - "Finding Amanda" on DISH PPV before it hits Theaters

DISH Network PPV and DISH On Demand will be airing the new comedy Finding Amanda with Matthew Broderick starting June 13, 2008, 2 weeks prior to its premiere in theaters. As a result, this movie will have the following special price:

DISH Network PPV
June 13-June 26: $9.99 (pre-release; SD only)
June 27-June 30: $6.99 (during release; SD only)

DISH On Demand
June 13-June 26: $10.99 SD/ $11.99 HD (pre-release)

This is a unique opportunity for our customers to enjoy a brand-new theatrical movie before it can be seen in theaters!

TAYLOR PETERS (Matthew Broderick) is a television writer whose compulsive gambling, recreational drug use and drinking problem (now under control) all conspired to throw his career off track. Now all he does is play the horses, but does his best to keep his wife the dark about it.

Unexpectedly, Taylor and Lorraine are called to Lorraine's sister's house to deal with a family emergency: Taylor's 20 year old niece AMANDA (Brittany Snow) is living in Las Vegas where, it's been discovered, she's working as a prostitute. On their way home, Lorraine finds racing stubs in the glove compartment, and decides to leave Taylor.

Taylor comes up with a plan: he'll win back his wife's affections and trust by going to Las Vegas, finding Amanda and delivering her to rehab in Malibu, and he won't gamble a cent. Alas, the best laid plans...

Rated R.

DISH Network PPV schedule:
June 13-June 19: Ch. 522 $9.99
June 20-June 23: Ch. 524 $9.99
June 24-June 26: Ch. 525 $9.99
June 27-June 30: Ch. 526 $6.99

Also available on DISH On Demand June 13th-June 26th for $10.99 (SD) and $11.99 (HD).

Order this hilarious new movie on DISH Network PPV starting June 13th, 2 weeks before it premieres in theaters!

This is really unprecidented, as far as I know, they haven't done this before. I wonder if this is a harbinger of things to come. :D However, you can bet that it will have a "limited recording" flag.

Dish has done this one before, buit what was funny was the the movie was also shown on HDNet Movies for free at the same time.

I dont know if that is the case this time though.

I may watch it, I like Matthew Broderick.

i also think with the rising gas prices they wont stop making movies but people will stop going to them but they will be released to PPV more often first. and to HBO etc in a shorter time than they ever have before.

Dish has done this one before, buit what was funny was the the movie was also shown on HDNet Movies for free at the same time.

I dont know if that is the case this time though.

I may watch it, I like Matthew Broderick.

Looks like it will be done again. Acording to hdnet website

Mon, Jun 2 - 5:30 PM ET
2:30 PM PTThe Sneak Preview Show - Premiere
Behind the scenes and previews of HDNet's Sneak Preview films, including Quid Pro Quo with Vera Farmiga and Nick Stahl, Mathew Broderick and Brittany Snow in Finding Amanda, and Jamie Bell in Mister Foe.
HDNet Program Search Results

If you can watch it for free on hdnet, that isnt good for dishs pay per view.

Finding Amanda – Premieres Wednesday, June 25th at 8:15pm followed by an encore presentation at 12:00am
Starring: Mathew Broderick, Brittany Snow, Maura Tierney
Directed and Written by: Peter Tolan
A compulsive gambler (Matthew Broderick), who wants to win back his wife’s affections and trust, volunteers to go to
Las Vegas, find his 20-year-old niece and deliver her to rehab in Malibu – vowing not to gamble a cent.

June: HDNET

Last edited:
So I can either pay DishNetwork $11.99 to view in HD with DRM restrictions, or watch it for free on HDNet?? Am I understanding this correctly, or just really really missing something?

Wednesday, June 25
12:00 AM ET/9:00 PM PT
The Human Stain - Spotlight Feature
1:50 AM ET/10:50 PM PT
Talk To Her - Premiere/Art House
Cinema
3:45 AM ET/12:45 AM PT
Tsotsi - Art House Cinema
5:20 AM ET/2:20 AM PT
Midnight Express - In Retro
7:30 AM ET/4:30 AM PT
The Big Picture
9:15 AM ET/6:15 AM PT
Loser
11:00 AM ET/8:00 AM PT
Groundhog Day - Spotlight Feature/
National Film Registry/Family
Films
12:45 PM ET/9:45 AM PT
St. Elmo’s Fire
2:35 PM ET/11:35 AM PT
One Crazy Summer
4:15 PM ET/1:15 PM PT
A League Of Their Own - Spotlight
Feature/Family Films
6:30 PM ET/3:30 PM PT
It Could Happen To You - Spotlight
Feature/Family Films
8:15 PM ET/5:15 PM PT
Finding Amanda - Spotlight Feature/
Sneak Preview/HD Premiere

10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT
The Net - Spotlight Feature/

Yeah last night on The Ultimate Trailer show Robert Wilonsky said it'll be premiering on HDNet Movies before the theatrical release. If I still had the HD Ultimate pack I'd watch it but oh well.

I am hearing a rumor that the Dish PPV may not have any DRM meaning you can record it and watch it again and not just for 24 hours.

Remember only select movies have DRM on them this means that the majority of movies do not have any Drm on Dish Network. Remember it is has DRM on it it will be noted in the info for that program.