Finding Amanda on HDnet tonight.

psychicmind

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Most of you know, but you can see Finding Amanda for free tonight on HDnet Movies before it hits the theaters.

Shrooms (for you horror fans) was also released on HDnet Movies before a national release.

Pretty cool HDnet Movies!

This movie has just about the worst language I have ever heard. I tolerated this, in hopes for a good story and good acting. Big mistake.

I am extremely glad I did not pay anything to see this.

Last edited:
Finding Amanda, they should of found some something else to show, the movie was terrible, sure glad I did not pay to watch

Bob

They have been doing this kind of thing regularly. Some become hits and some become duds, but they are available before they hit the regular theatres. And free for those who get the channel.

It's on the On Demand thing for $10.95 :eek:

Aaah, but for the people who don't think HDNet Movies (plus Smithsonian, Universal HD, the Fishing channel and MGM) is worth $10/mo., they can see this On Demand for $11. Still cheaper than paying $18 for two tix plus another $30 for stale popcorn and watered down drinks. However, compared to Dish's HD-lite, I would wager the theater has superior PQ.

Aaah, but for the people who don't think HDNet Movies (plus Smithsonian, Universal HD, the Fishing channel and MGM) is worth $10/mo., they can see this On Demand for $11. Still cheaper than paying $18 for two tix plus another $30 for stale popcorn and watered down drinks. However, compared to Dish's HD-lite, I would wager the theater has superior PQ.

And superior crowd noise.

However, compared to Dish's HD-lite, I would wager the theater has superior PQ.
I have been watching Dish HD on my 8 foot screen with my 720p HT projector now for over a year and I haven't felt that this was true yet for the 3 films we went to the theater to see.

I can't speak for your 720p projector. I can only speak for my 1080p display showing all the lovely compression artifacts and my 768p display (doesn't show as many).

To those of you upset with the language, why did you watch it? It clearly says Language, Nudity and Sexual Content on the "info" for the show. So far, I've only watched the first 5 min. Does Britney show any naughty bits? :hungry:

speaking of theater PQ
ever since i got my HD. i feel like i am being cheated in the theters,the PQ stinkc compared to a home hd picture.

i have been to 3 theaters ,one is less than 2 years old and now the big screen looks like garbage compared to home tv..

another good reason to stay home and watch movies

I can't speak for your 720p projector. I can only speak for my 1080p display showing all the lovely compression artifacts and my 768p display (doesn't show as many).

To those of you upset with the language, why did you watch it? It clearly says Language, Nudity and Sexual Content on the "info" for the show. So far, I've only watched the first 5 min. Does Britney show any naughty bits? :hungry:

No, there is a stripper by a pole in the background on one of the scenes.

A film can get an "R" rating for many different combinations and amounts of Language, Nudity and Sexual Content. Seemed like this one tried to cram as much of all three as possible into just about every single scene. The viewer should be intelligent enough to realize the scene is about prostitutes without actually having to see one of them
in the act of giving a guy a blow job
, for example.

Maybe along with the ratings and types of content disclosures there should be a count of how many of each. Two or three "F" words in context, fine. Two hundred because the writers have a limited vocabulary and can only figure out how to use an exclamation point when the letter "F" appears three characters before it, unacceptable.

You guys must've really hated The Big Lebowski. I liked this movie. I found the banter, jokes and situations funny yet believable even though they were very, very predictable. It was well worth the 90+ minutes. (I'm glad I didn't pay $18 for it at the movies, but I don't think it was a waste of my time like Jumper.)

What kind of chicks do you know? The ones I know are embarrassed and offended by that amount of coarse language and gratuitous content.

I guess I know/like really sleazy chicks when compaired to the chicks you know :p

Different Strokes for Different Folks ;)

Maybe along with the ratings and types of content disclosures there should be a count of how many of each. Two or three "F" words in context, fine. Two hundred because the writers have a limited vocabulary and can only figure out how to use an exclamation point when the letter "F" appears three characters before it, unacceptable.

Maybe you will be happier sticking with G rated films

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)