Finding previously read threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
Most forums indicate which threads have new content & also which threads I’ve previously read. But I can’t seem to figure out how to configure these settings on this forum.

After I’m done reading threads I can go to Forum Actions & Mark Forums Read. This lets me see the threads with new messages the next time I visit. But it does not show which threads I’ve previously read. Sometimes I want to go back & read a thread, but it’s difficult to locate these because I cannot find anyway to mark them.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?

It's totally possible. Are you viewing on a Windows machine? Because that's what I usually use and have always had both read and unread. The unread are flagged.

Maybe a forum expert can give you a good explanation. There are help files too but they hard to find. I can't remember right now how to get to them.

In the left picture Hopper Zone and Blockbuster have unread posts(darker folder icon) and Dish Technicals has all been read(lighter folder icon).

In the right picture the first and third posts are unread (bold print title) and the second and forth posts have been read(normal type title)

Does this help?

satguy1.jpgsatguy2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)