Finding your OTA Mapping Online

From my own experience you can't always go by what antennaweb says and sure not what Voom says. Alot plays into OTA signals, very tricky. Voom will try to tell you need this HUGH digital antenna (upgrade). I'm using a $30.00 4bay UHF that's been around since the invention of TV. I get (use to) stations that antennaweb says I can't get. I suggest putting one up yourself and just play around with it and see what you can pull in. Hight plays a big role as well as stability (no swaying). If you have a different STB than Voom use it, for Voom only allows you to get the OTA they want you to have and you may be able to receive more than you think and not even know it. I'm praying they correct this but it's looking dim.

It looks like you have the following:

These are 14 miles away from you in the 182 degrees direction. These you should be able to get if there is no obstacle in between them and you.
* yellow - uhf KCKA-DT 19 PBS CENTRALIA WA TBD 182° 13.9 19
green - uhf KCKA 15 PBS CENTRALIA WA 182° 13.9 15
blue - uhf K53AZ 53 CBS CENTRALIA, ETC. WA 183° 13.5 53
blue - uhf K42CM 42 FOX CENTRALIA, ETC. WA 182° 13.9 42
blue - uhf K25CH 25 WB Chehalis/Centrailia WA 182° 13.9 25

This one is further away from you and in a complete different direction. You need an antenna with at least 60 miles range. Also look at the directions, they will not come from one specific place.

violet - vhf KCPQ 13 FOX TACOMA WA 349° 56.0 13

violet - uhf KWOG 51 IND BELLEVUE WA 22° 70.2 51
violet - uhf KHCV 45 SAH SEATTLE WA 22° 70.1 45
violet - uhf KWDK 56 DAY TACOMA WA 22° 70.1 56
violet - uhf KWPX 33 PAX BELLEVUE WA 22° 70.1 33

violet - uhf KBTC 28 PBS TACOMA WA 11° 42.4 28
violet - uhf KTBW 20 TBN TACOMA WA 349° 56.0 20

In conclusion, you need a rotor and a bigger antenna but I would make sure that I am able to get the one closest to you first. I do not know your setup but if there is no other conditions like big trees or buildings or multipath conditions, you should give it a try. As others have said, OTA is not a perfect science and you have to look at it from different points. It will be very important to find if these channels are live and operational as well. Just because the analog signal is live does not necessarily mean that the digital is as well. Try to find out from your locals or see if anyone in your area gets these digitals locals as well.

There are a lot more channels in the voom guide for my zipcode than what I have mapped. I have all the Pittsburgh stations, and I get them all except for 38 WQED which I think must be mapped to 13.1 when its supposed to be 13.3 even though it shows up as 13.3 on my stb.

But there are also stations that are further away in Ohio and West Virginia, in the zipcode map on voom, that don't show up on my stb. I probably wouldnt' get them if they did, but it just shows that not everything in the zip code guide is mapped to the stb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts