HELP - finding channels

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
I have a DSR-550 unit - recently got a remote - thinking I could go into a simple menu and scan for local HD channels, only to find there is no menu for that. if there is I can't find it. plus i don't want to do something that will make it useless. I have read though the FAQ part of this site and cant find the anwser to my problem. I do have the current NEP 737 - cant find the software ver - but im sure it has the last and latest software.

Press Voom

Press the green button

Press green button again

put in the password (try 0000)

this is the system settings menu

Go down to 7 - the installers menu

go to installation wizard

go to #4 which is scan local channels

You might want to check antennaweb.org to see what direction your channels are in...digital channels are more picky where the antenna is...I have two poles...one straight and one across...pbs's seem to be in one direction and everything else is in another

Also scanning during the night might yield more stations. I tend to get from a indoor antenna channels within 30 miles.

To check your software version, press Voom then the green button twice this will take you to the system settings menu. Scroll down to #6 system status and hit ok. I think there are three pages of information to look at simply hit the down button to veiw them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts