Missing channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tlw777

Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
I have a Motorola Voom 550 that correctly provides HD format off air video material to my Sony monitor. It doesn't seem to work for channel 11-1 but works for some 20 other HD channels. In fact, whenever I try to go to Channel 11, the voom box locks up and has to be restarted. When it searched the channels to create the channel table, it did find channel 11.

I would like to occasonally watch chanel 11 in HD. Help???

Tom

Do not know where you live, but I bet you that ch 11 is a PBS station. Some PBS stations have started sending a data stream voom can not handle. I called the Houston, Tx PBS ch 8 engineer and he put me on hold while he went and diconnected the new box they had recently installed. Voom worked fine after that - and either they never put it back, or they made mods to the box. Works up to now.

Ahhhhh, but I too have the same problem and my channel 11 is CBS out of Dallas or Ft Worth. The problem I "was" having with the Voom box was that when I accessed channel 13, the box would shut off and re-boot. Last week channel 11 started doing the same thing and I checked channel 13 and now it comes through OK. This would not be too much of a problem except TODAY... the San Diego vs New England game is on CBS, so now...EMERGENCY!!! EMERGENCY!!! I may have to go to a Sports Bar!!!
I already performed the "scan local channels" procedure and 11 comes up as found (RF = 19, KTVT-DT Strength = 95).
Thanks,
Tom

Call 11 and 13 and ask for engineering. Find out what they changed last 2 weeks re HD. Tell them about your voom problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)