FiOS HD DVR Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AIA_SMALZ_11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I posted a thread earlier about the problem i am having using this RX-V661 reciever with Verizons FiOS. Hopefully someone can help me and i will try to be as clear as possible about the problem i am having:

* I have my FiOS HD DVR going HDMI to the Reciever RX-V661.
* HDMI from the reciever to my Samsung HLS5687 DLP.
* On the HD DVR menu i have 4:3 mode set to "strech" mode
* HD programs look great as well as SD material

Here is where the problem occurs!

When turning my equipment off: TV, Reciever and HD DVR(I am using Harmony 880), the 4:3 mode on the HD DVR gets reset back to "normal" mode!:confused:

The only way to correct the problem as far as i can figure out is sending the HDMI straight to the TV and Optical to my RX-V661.

Anyone have similar problems and have found a way to fix it, please help. Thanks

DJ

Tried that, I have even tried leaving the HD DVR on but it still causes the 4:3 mode to go back to "off" rather than satying on "strech" mode. I'm getting pretty deperate here for a solution.

What would cause the 4:3 mode to stay on "strech" mode when HDMi is connected straight to TV and the when HDMI cable is connected through the Yamaha reciever to cause it to get reset back to "off" mode? Is the yamaha reciever doing something to the HD DVR? Is there a setting on the reciever i am missing?

Can anyone PLEASE help me?!?!??!

DJ

the HDMI cable is able to "talk" to the component it is plugged into. I think something in the Yamaha is forcing the DVR to reset to default settings. not sure if there is anything in the reciever to change. With more people using HDMI in AV recievers this will probably become a widespread problem. Hopefully someone with a similar problem can post their resolution.

also maybe a mod can copy the post into A/V reciever forum

Thanks shappy for trying to help me out. I am no newbie hen it comes to HT and AV equipment but this one has me baffled. If anyone has solved this anomoly please post your resolution.

I just replaced my amp with the RX-V661 yesterday. I unplugged all power while cleaning up all of the cables in my entertainment system. When I plugged everything back in I found my entire HR20 100 hard drive erased of programming. I had the HDMI plugged connecting the two. Could that have been the cause? If so I will connect the HDMI directly to the TV and run audio to amp. Major fault in their system if this is true.

I just replaced my amp with the RX-V661 yesterday. I unplugged all power while cleaning up all of the cables in my entertainment system. When I plugged everything back in I found my entire HR20 100 hard drive erased of programming. I had the HDMI plugged connecting the two. Could that have been the cause? If so I will connect the HDMI directly to the TV and run audio to amp. Major fault in their system if this is true.

Read my posts under [ Buggy Motorola Boxes - Reports/Problems ]. VZ did something recently in programming that is causing major problems. Mine became very evident when I lost power to the box. DVR lost license, reinitialize from VZ wiped out recordings, then hard disk failed.

These guys are totally clueless. Again, this is why I recommend any new customers wait until VZ gets these boxes replaced with a quality box or gets a clue on how to program them to function without these types of errors.

In short, don't kick yourself. The only mistake you made was trusting that VZ sold a quality device with their service. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)