FIOS launch becoming irritating

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
I am getting very frustrated with Verizon with there push back of my available dates for FIOS. I moved into a brand new house in November 2005 that already has fiber in the sub-division. In fact, I already have FIOS internet at my house. Yet, I keep getting told that video is not available at this time and it keeps getting pushed back. I live in Wylie where most of the town is already getting it but my telco is in Rowlett. However, now, Rowlett is starting to get FIOS installed. I just dont understand it. Can someone explain? thanks!

Initially I was told by Verizon that I would receive the tv service in early December. This was after several phone calls. I had also had their internet service for at least a year previous to this.

The actual availability in my area (Lewisville) was a bit over a month ago, so there you have it. I believe their intentions are probably good but my understanding is that they are overcome with demand, which is why they had installers from all over the country to try and keep up.

The 3 guys that did my install said they had been working 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days a week because of the overload. My guess is that your area is on a wait list as well (sorry, someone has to wait). It was frustrating as I watched guys at work have FiosTV available in towns right next to mine, and I had Fios internet way before their town did.

At least you'll get it before too long- some guys here will be waiting a LOT longer. Hang in there, it will come; keep checking the internet site because I got my install a week before they released the flyers in my neighborhood.

the guy i have been working with, who works directly with the video and internet installs, said they wont give him any information. all they tell him in his emails is that it is unavailable at this time. they are installing in other areas of Wylie and Rowlett, so it cant be a licensing issue with the cities.

Last edited:
mindgrind said:
Initially I was told by Verizon that I would receive the tv service in early December. This was after several phone calls. I had also had their internet service for at least a year previous to this.

The actual availability in my area (Lewisville) was a bit over a month ago, so there you have it. I believe their intentions are probably good but my understanding is that they are overcome with demand, which is why they had installers from all over the country to try and keep up.

The 3 guys that did my install said they had been working 12 to 14 hour days, 7 days a week because of the overload. My guess is that your area is on a wait list as well (sorry, someone has to wait). It was frustrating as I watched guys at work have FiosTV available in towns right next to mine, and I had Fios internet way before their town did.

At least you'll get it before too long- some guys here will be waiting a LOT longer. Hang in there, it will come; keep checking the internet site because I got my install a week before they released the flyers in my neighborhood.

the problem with this is that all the installers are coming from texas. he said that texas was the only one that did video installs so our techs were being sent all over the country to help with other installs.

Verizon put out a press release that my town was available for FIOS TV. Luckily, I was able to get it but a friend on the other side of town can't even get FIOS internet. I can understand your frustration. Why is Verizon advertising that FIOS is available for the whole city when the whole city can't get the service? shrug

kevstok said:
I am getting very frustrated with Verizon with there push back of my available dates for FIOS. I moved into a brand new house in November 2005 that already has fiber in the sub-division. In fact, I already have FIOS internet at my house. Yet, I keep getting told that video is not available at this time and it keeps getting pushed back. I live in Wylie where most of the town is already getting it but my telco is in Rowlett. However, now, Rowlett is starting to get FIOS installed. I just dont understand it. Can someone explain? thanks!

The process was very frustrating for me as well. I've had FIOS internet since Dec '04 and was been told TV would be available in a few months starting 1stQ 05. I would check online and call every few weeks and continued to get a variety of excuses about why it was not available. After the confirmed rollout in Wylie began I started getting the excuse that my address was not covered by the local franchise agreement and that there was no timetable for me getting service. I contacted the city and through one of the City Councilmen finally got Vz to stop using the LFA lie to people on the phone. I did finally get service installed in February and have not really had any problems. The quality is better that what I had with DTV so eventually I will get over the bitterness of the process and enjoy.

kevstok said:
the problem with this is that all the installers are coming from texas. he said that texas was the only one that did video installs so our techs were being sent all over the country to help with other installs.

I'm in Texas (Dallas area) and the installers that did two of my friends were all from California, so they are bringing in people into Texas as well- and these were the FiosTV installs, so installers from elsewhere do both.

The guys that did my install said that a lot of people were waiting to get the tv and internet install at the same time and that was really bogging them down. I just think it's the high demand... at least it's not as bad as the Xbox 360 debacle! :)

Im in Plano and I was told that I could order TV service in the middle of February. Well, its still not available and they just keep telling me to call back later...no set date.

You guys are up set? Verizon has installed the cables and is advertizing internet service; but my Home Owners Assoc. Says they can bid on TV srvice, when the current contract expires, In TWO YEARS!

Since when does a Home Owner's Assoc. control what TV service you have inside your house? I have a Home Ower's Assoc and they ownly control the size of the dish and location. I think you should be able to fight that that.

kevstok said:
Since when does a Home Owner's Assoc. control what TV service you have inside your house? I have a Home Ower's Assoc and they ownly control the size of the dish and location. I think you should be able to fight that that.

They don't control it. "IF" verzion wanted to provide the service, they could. But apparently they don't. Talked to a CSR and she knew nothing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts