Fire stick dish anywhere

J

JR_Baas

SatelliteGuys Family
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2005
Auburn, MI
i just got an Amazon fire stick. Have a hopper with sling. I am in a hotel. My home upload speed is 12 MB. The download speed at the hotel is 15 MB. When watching Netflix or Amazon prime video I get no buffering. When watching dish anywhere I get buffering all the time. Any suggestions on how to fix?

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
i just got an Amazon fire stick. Have a hopper with sling. I am in a hotel. My home upload speed is 12 MB. The download speed at the hotel is 15 MB. When watching Netflix or Amazon prime video I get no buffering. When watching dish anywhere I get buffering all the time. Any suggestions on how to fix?
I've found you need close to 25 MB to have no buffering. You really can't compare DA to Netlix streaming in terms of buffering. Netlix isn't "slinged".

NYDutch

NYDutch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2013
Where our wheels go
Oddly, I'm watching a hockey game with DA on our FireTVstick as I type this. I'm using a low 1-2 bar AT&T hotspot cell data signal that's maxing at about 3Mbps, and only seeing occasional momentary buffering.

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Chad's right. I had the same thing Happen to mine but it wasn't live TV that buffered, it was watching my recordings

Reactions: NYDutch