FireFox Browser with dishnetwork.com

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Is anybody else having problems with dog slow response times when using FireFox at the dishnetwork.com home page and login screen? This just started yesterday, and it bugs the crap out of me. IE6 is still as fast as it used to be.

It bothers me that a fair number of sites still aren't working cleanly with Firefox :(

It offers a superior browsing experience, and yet many content developers won't make the effort to check their site with Firefox. Arrggh.

The home page itself doesn't display correctly if you try to browse through it. I don't login to my account very often and I have to use IE for that.

Cheers,

NightRyder said:
Just logged in from the front page with FireFox 1.5.01 and response was fine.

NightRyder
Hmmm. Must be something wrong with my settings. Still, all my other pages load the same as before. :confused:

mdonnelly said:
Is anybody else having problems with dog slow response times when using FireFox at the dishnetwork.com home page and login screen? This just started yesterday, and it bugs the crap out of me. IE6 is still as fast as it used to be.

Try starting FF in Safe mode (found in Start menu/Firefox) and see if that helps, if it does help, then you may have a FF extension behaving badly.

damaged said:
Try starting FF in Safe mode (found in Start menu/Firefox) and see if that helps, if it does help, then you may have a FF extension behaving badly.
Thanks for the tip. :) That did help display the home page correctly, and quickly. I removed the Talkback extension, and updated the Adblock extension, and things are working better now.

John Kotches said:
It bothers me that a fair number of sites still aren't working cleanly with Firefox :(

It offers a superior browsing experience, and yet many content developers won't make the effort to check their site with Firefox. Arrggh.

The home page itself doesn't display correctly if you try to browse through it. I don't login to my account very often and I have to use IE for that.

Cheers,
Many have sold their souls to Bill! :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts