Firmware update for the Sharp BD-HP20U specifically for "Jumper"

For the TWO billionth time we know that. The point being made is that its a shame that 2.0 isn't the final (only) standard.

It was, originally. I'm sure this unit will never have 1.1 capability, and the BD java features load painfully slowly. For just watching movies it's pretty decent.

It really does irk me that they had to release an update just for this one movie. It is worth debating who made the mistake here. Was it the distributor (Fox)? Was it Sharp? Who did not adhere to the standard and made this necessary? And will this continue to be an issue? This has not been a big problem with DVD, although recently there have been a couple of releases that my older DVD player has had trouble with (especially "Reign Over Me"). I can't imagine anyone would stand for installing a firmware update for every movie that comes along. I am pretty forgiving about such things, but my wife would throw a fit - if she ever actually watched a BD release.

I am pretty forgiving about such things, but my wife would throw a fit - if she ever actually watched a BD release.
LOL!!! Now when me and wife take the kids to the movies see complains about how Picture Quality sucks.... Blu Rays have improved here vision.

It seems like most of the movies that give players trouble, Samsung and Sharp in particular, all come from Fox.

S~

We rented Cloverfield on DVD when it first came out. It would not load on my BD-HP20U, which at the time was running the factory stock firmware version. I did a factory reset and was able to watch the movie without any further trouble. So I wonder - is the problem with the BD format not being 100% ready for prime time? Are profile 2.0 players doing any better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)