First customer Dish1000?

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Maybe. Certainly is the first one in my area.

I just installed it today - for SpringsGuy. :D

Attachments

• D1000-1.jpg
    D1000-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 633
  • D1000-2.jpg
    D1000-2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 515
NO NO guys that 2nd dish you see behind mine in the picture is my neighbors crappy lil direct TV dish LOL... I only have 1 dish, the Dish1000 and its working just fine i am going to post a thread about the install to tell more...

Yeah looks like a mini super dish possibly but its a 1000, and looks killer compared to my other neighbors crappy Single Lnb Direct Tv Dish, and my other neighbors dish500..

That isn't a bad looking dish. I never went to the Superdish because it was so large and ugly. But I could see swapping out my D500/D300 combo for a D1000. Although I'll admit I might get cheap and just repoint my D300 from 61.5 to 129.

The Dish1000 is going to be a peice of cake to install compared to the SuperDish, much smaller, much cheaper in price, and better signal quality, along with better looking. The only bad thing about it is that it will only output to two receivers without an expensive DPP-44 switch as the SuperDish had the DP-34 switch included.

Why would it only go to two receivers? Just run all 3 sat locations (2 from the twin...one from the dual) to a DP34 switch like you would any other superdish install. From that point, you will be able to have a 4-room install

webbydude said:
Why would it only go to two receivers? Just run all 3 sat locations (2 from the twin...one from the dual) to a DP34 switch like you would any other superdish install. From that point, you will be able to have a 4-room install

or bring in a 625 and a 322 and have a four room install on two recivers.. :)

webbydude said:
Note that to do that, you need to swap out the DPP-Twin to a DP-Twin or Pair of DP Single/Duals.

Part #140348 (the box SpringsGuy's D1000 came in) is labeled as "DISH 1000 DPP TWIN ANTENNA KIT".

I suspect that the D1000 is (going to be?) available with a standard DP-Twin - maybe even with a DP34 included.

Does the D1000 have a built in switch to combine all the sats? From the last couple of posts, I am assuming it has two outputs that provide all three sat signals to two receivers. Is that correct?

Also, does it fit on a standard 300/500 mast?

The DPPTwin and DPTwin are close enough in price to make the swapout negligable. If you have 3+ single tuners then you'll have to switch to a DPTwin/DP34 combo and just save the DPPTwin for a trouble call or another install later on.

D1000

Remember that the 3to4 switch used on superdish is not compatable with dish pro plus and will not work! You could use two dual tuner receivers to get 4 outputs but if you don't have that you will need a 4 to 4 DPP switch

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yes it is a DishPro Plus Twin LNB, you run a wire from the Dishpro Single LNB to the Sat In Port on the Dis Pro Plus Twin.
I'm not familiar with a DP+Twin. Are you saying it has an input for an additional LNB, and two outputs? And, the D1000 has a DP+Twin and a DPSingle/Dual at the end of the arm?

Also, does it fit on a standard D500 mast?

GaryPen said:
I'm not familiar with a DP+Twin. Are you saying it has an input for an additional LNB, and two outputs? And, the D1000 has a DP+Twin and a DPSingle/Dual at the end of the arm?

Also, does it fit on a standard D500 mast?

Yup Yup Yup and Yup.