First HR20 Freezes, now new HR21 Freeze. Anyone else?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
My Hr20 that was over a year old started freeze up about 3 weeks ago. Would do it a few times per day. Had to unplug to restart. Missing recordings as it would freeze when I was at work.

Now the HR21 they sent out is doing the same thing. Signal is still very good. But box will freeze and I have to reboot.

Is this a software thing? Is anyone else having the same issues?

I have one HR20 and two HR21s, and have never had any of them freeze. All are on the most recent software.

That doesn't minimize your issues, but it's not global.

I am having the same issue. First my HR20 about two weeks ago started slowing down and locking up, and now my HR21 started doing it in the last couple days. Both have been rock solid for months.

The only thing that has changed recently is that I connected them both to my network.

I just disconnected the HR21's ethernet connection and reset it to see if it improves.

I disconnected the ethernet from both the HR20 and the HR21; so far no strange behavior or need to reboot.

Yep, I posted on another forum that I talked to lead tech at DTV and he confirmed it is an issue with the software upgrade from about a month back. I wonder if new upgrade fixed it>? He said newest upcoming upgrade would fix it and that was about a week ago.

My 1.5 week old HR21 is freezing then shutting down (ie the blue lights go out) A few presses of the power button and it comes back on but has to re-search for satellites, etc. Software is up to date. Hopefully another update fixes it -- maybe I should call DirecTV to get a replacement. My other one doesn't seem to have the issue, but I don't use it as often.

I have had no issues with my HR20 or HR21 since I disconnected their ethernets back on 5/28. No slowdowns, freezes, etc.

So I reconnected the HR21's ethernet on Saturday. Sunday morning it was in a coma. Unable to turn on via remote or via frontpanel.

I pulled the ethernet and reset it. So far, so good.

If you see the other thread in the main forum on VOD freezes, it appears people are having better luck with some newer routers. I'm about to go retire all my buffalos :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)