FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i got a ota doogle for HWS yesterday today i bought a antenna it is a clearstream 2v with mount you can get stations 50 plus miles does anyone know if dish if they do OTA installs i am getting 5 tv stations right now maybe i can get more once it is installed outside.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen

i got a ota doogle for HWS yesterday today i bought a antenna it is a clearstream 2v with mount you can get stations 50 plus miles does anyone know if dish if they do OTA installs i am getting 5 tv stations right now maybe i can get more once it is installed outside.any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Allen
antennaweb.com and tvfool.com are great resources to find out what OTA stations are available to you, and what type of antenna and where to point it for you to receive them.

I would check if you have aq "Handy Man" in your area. Often they will do small jobs like installing an antenna. If any neighbors have an antenna, ask them who put it up. I've installed and replaced the one on top of my house myself.

Hehe, I remember that now.... You could be tuned to a satellite channel and still get the yellow pop-up window telling you it lost signal on the OTA channel. I think they at least fixed the software to not pop that up if you weren't viewing the channel.
Actually, it didn't tell you that you lost OTA sisgnal. The warning made it seem like you lost SATELLITE signal, even though it was OTA signal, which you weren't even watching. I hated that bug. I haven't noticed it happening with my H2000 and OTA module.

To be fair, I haven't seen that bug on my 722 for years now. It has apparently been fixed.

Thanks

Allen
Here is another tool to help you adjust your antenna.
http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

If you were nearby, I'd come do it for you. Done a few. Maybe a SatGuy is near you and can help.

Your move to an outdoor antenna is a good one.

thanks you guys you are right about that i should be getting more stations with that antenna on the outside going to check service techs in the morning they one of the dish and directv installers in our area and see if they will be interested in putting the clearsream 2v with mount on the roof what i need them to do it put and mount the antenna run rg6 cable from the antenna into the house and connect it to the hopper i have a amplifer hooked up to the hopper i cannot seem to find a preamp in my area i do not know if radio shack has one at the moment but i will try them in the morning.i am learning on how to do this right now i am getting WTTO channel 35 and all their subchannels and fox 43 from bloomington and its subchannels.i should be getting more once that antenna goes on the outside..

Allen

i wanted to also ask you guys when you go to the ota locals on the hopper where its says scan,save there is something called add locals when you click on that it says feature coming soon.what is this you guys?

thanks

Allen

i did not know about that you guys i was wandering about what that was so you can add locals that the scan does not pick up such as other ota stations?

Thanks

Allen

...does anyone know if dish if they do OTA installs...
DISH generally doesn't do OTA installs.

Sears does antenna installs.

Local satellite storefronts probably also do antenna installs (and they won't call you every year about an extended warranty or tune-up).

i did not know about that you guys i was wandering about what that was so you can add locals that the scan does not pick up such as other ota stations?ThanksAllen
Alan, that feature is more for those who have their outdoor antenna mounted with a rotor.
The problem they have is that when pointing the antenna in one direction for a group of channels and the rotating the antenna to point at a different city to also get those channels, the scan for the second location deletes all the channels from the first location. They need the 'add channel' feature so that it doesn't delete the scan from the first direction.

Reactions: navychop
i found someone in the ottawa,illinois who did the install everything for 200 dollars he told me that i need a bigger antenna which i am thinking of ordering through them they told me it would cost 300 dollars to install a bigger antenna,tripod,roter and the cable i am thinking of doing this so i can pick up the peoria stations or even further.
now i have to convice my mom so she can pay for it.well once i get the rotor and the new antenna installed please help me out how do you use add locals on the hopper?when do you think they will add this feature?

thanks

Allen

Last edited:
i found someone in the ottawa,illinois who did the install everything for 200 dollars he told me that i need a bigger antenna which i am thinking of ordering through them they told me it would cost 300 dollars to install a bigger antenna,tripod,roter and the cable i am thinking of doing this so i can pick up the peoria stations or even further.
now i have to convice my mom so she can pay for it.well once i get the rotor and the new antenna installed please help me out how do you use add locals on the hopper?when do you think they will add this feature?

thanks,
Allen
Convince Mom that during severe weather when she looses satellite signal that it is important to have OTA so she can monitor the bad weather reports from the TV news channel. The add local channels feature says coming soon. But it has said that for several years now. So, no telling.

So that was simple. Plugged in my new OTA adapter into ota, had to restart receiver, ran scan, and picked up 39 channels. That's about 13 more than when I had it into the TV, and the strengths are stronger(all but one). This after about 10 minutes, it kicked over to download guide on one tuner, and now I have it showing the 4th tuner on the status screen. I admit I was wrong, when I said there was no point to OTA. You guys were on point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)